Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Manual CC entry and customized confirmation email?

Manual CC entry and customized confirmation email? 15 years 3 months ago #3080

• denverhaus
  • denverhaus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi -

I think I\'ve pieced this together my answer from all the other posts, but since it\'s not all in one place, I wanted to double check. I\'m responding to a proposal request for a client. They want to gather registration information from people, including Credit card information, but store all that in a secure database in order to process the Credit cards manually (not sure why). Finally, they don\'t want to send Credit Card information in a registration confirmation email.

So,
1. It looks like I can do easily do the information collection with DT Register and then since I won\'t have DT Donate or DT Billing hooked up, the collected info will just happily sit there in the db. Correct? Is this easily accessible to a less-techy user?

2. They haven\'t specified it, but I imagine they will want some reporting. I see the CSV export feature, is there other reporting that can be done? (related to #1 about accessing stored data).

3. The confirmation email. Is this entirely up to me to customize? Are there templates to work with? Basically, will I have any trouble NOT sending CC info? :)

Thanks in advance. You app looks great and seems to fit the bill exactly.

Cheers,
Herb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Manual CC entry and customized confirmation email? 15 years 3 months ago #3082

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Here are your answers:

1. It looks like I can do easily do the information collection with DT Register and then since I won\'t have DT Donate or DT Billing hooked up, the collected info will just happily sit there in the db. Correct? Is this easily accessible to a less-techy user?

First, DT Donate and DT Billing have nothing to do with DT Register. DT Reg processes payments all on its own. You can however setup an event as FREE or set it for Pay Later (for offline). In this case, I\'d say to use Pay Later and change the language (language file) to say \"Processed Offline\" instead of one of the existing options like \"Pay At The Door\". Then the amount due will be calculated and recorded, then in the backend marked as NOT paid until you process it and manually mark it as paid.

In this case, you\'d have to create custom fields for credit card number, etc to just collect the data without processing the card.

2. They haven\'t specified it, but I imagine they will want some reporting. I see the CSV export feature, is there other reporting that can be done? (related to #1 about accessing stored data).

The CSV export currently includes all registration records. This is the only reporting type of function currently. All data from a registration (including custom fields) will be included.

3. The confirmation email. Is this entirely up to me to customize? Are there templates to work with? Basically, will I have any trouble NOT sending CC info?

The confirmation email is customizable by you, so you will determine what data is sent and how it is presented. However, the admin notification email WILL include all data, including the custom fields you\'d be using to collect payment info. So the data would be sent via email to the admin only.

I hope this helps you out. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds