Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Questions before Buying

Questions before Buying 15 years 4 months ago #2871

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My client wants an event calendar that does not display events in calendar format, so I looked a EventList but there were no registration options. So then I found RedEvent and RedForms because they advertised registration capabilities only to find out that it can register people but not collect payments. :(

So then I found DTRegister as a paid registration solution. But it works with jEvents which as far as I know will not display events in a list format. But then I saw that with DTRegister you can use jEvents to just create the event and use DtRegister for display of events and registrations. :)

But my question is, if I use DTRegister only as my event display, then how would site visitors be able to view all of the event details without having to find the event in a calendar display from jEvents which my client absolutely does not want? :S

Client only has maybe twenty events per year, so any kind of calendar layout looks too sparse. Her preference is one page with all events listed with links to details and link to register.

if DTRegister can indeed do this then I will buy immediately, but need to know ahead of time since there is no trial version.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions before Buying 15 years 4 months ago #2873

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Your search is over! You\'ve found your solution! :)

You do not have to use the frontend of JEvents at all. DT Register has a frontend event listing which does allow for a description field, but would not show details to the extent that they may want. So, based on your description, what you should do is create a content item/article, put together your event details, then use our mambot/plugin to add in the registration links. It works like other mambots/plugins where you would insert the piece of code including the eventid. The \"Click Here to Register\" link would be added in, which would take users right to the registration form... no calendar.

Once you get it up and rolling, if you need further assistance, let us know. Thanks.

Questions before Buying 15 years 4 months ago #2874

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Unfortunately the lady who will be maintaining her site will not be able to insert plug-in code or anything that complex :blink:

So I guess my next question would be if we do use jEvent displays, how does the registration link get inserted into the event description? If it is not automatic then she will not be able to do it so I will probably have to hack the jEvents code myself, unless you already have a solution.

Even if I have to write a custom JEvents display module it looks like your code is the only real registration solution that might work. but if you already have a JEvents hack available it would make it easier.

Let me know, thanks

Questions before Buying 15 years 4 months ago #2876

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Well, inserting the plugin code is pretty simple. It looks like this:
{dtregister}4{/dtregister}

The number used is the eventID.

Regarding the registration link in the event details of the calendar, we DO provide a hacked JEvents file so this link is added automatically. If the event is setup in DT Register for registration, then the link will be added to the details page.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds