• Page:

TOPIC: DT Register - Details Article or Menu Item

DT Register - Details Article or Menu Item 6 years 7 months ago #27099

• Dons0112
  • Dons0112's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am considering re-purchasing DT Register for our new website.

However, I need to know if it is possible in the newest version to assign a MENU ITEM (instead of an article) to the EVENT DETAILS ARTICLE?

Currently (in version 3.1.9), it only allows me to select a general joomla article. However, I am using "SP PageBuilder" now, so there are no longer any regular joomla articles on my site. All of the pages I created using "SP PageBuilder" are not listed as an option when trying to select the "EVENT DETAILS ARTICLE"... DT Register does not see them as valid articles for selection.

Therefore, I really need the ability to select a MENU ITEM instead of an article for details. I have already tried inserting the menu item ID in the "DETAILS LINK ITEMID OVERRIDE" field, but this is not working either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DT Register - Details Article or Menu Item 6 years 7 months ago #27101

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
No, the details article is still the selection of a content article. You can consider using the event description, which shows on the list view, and create a link there to your event information. You can use that instead of the built-in details article feature. You could then manually put the EventLink plugin syntax into your event pages to manually place the register button on those pages. Simply put:
{dtregister}event_id{/dtregister}

...into any page. Obviously, replace "event_id" with the ID number of your event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds