• Page:

TOPIC: Need Advice Concerning Extensions

Need Advice Concerning Extensions 15 years 8 months ago #2347

• JackRackham
  • JackRackham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a Joomla 1.5 - based website (in legacy mode for JEvents) running on SiteGround Hosting service. I am running the site for a wargaming convention and I would like to allow convention attendees to pre-register for the convention on the web site. The intent is to provide one or more pages where attendees fill in their information and make payments via PayPal (I already have a PayPal account to accept payments). A bonus would be to allow individual vs group registration and to allow discounted prices for those that register early.

I would like to get feedback from the community concerning their experiences with DTRegister in this type of setup and recommendations for specific configurations and/or other extensions I should consider. I am not opposed to paying for a solution if the return on investment is there, but I don\'t have the resources for professional consultants or time to Buy & Cry.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need Advice Concerning Extensions 15 years 7 months ago #2349

• JackRackham
  • JackRackham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I might be able to answer my own question if there is any technical documentation for DTRegister beyond the simple online tutorials. Does anyone know what ALL the prerequisites are for installing DTRegister for use with PayPal? Does my site need SSL? Can I set it up to use the SSL checkout facilities on the PayPal site without fear of compromising my customers? etc...

Need Advice Concerning Extensions 15 years 7 months ago #2352

• kenlyle
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
All of the features you want are there. I have multiple clients using DTR for event registration, including one of my own. If you use PayPal for payments, you don\'t need to provide security for the payment information, but you should probably still provide SSL for the registration/login functions anyway. Good Luck.
Best,
Ken

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds