TOPIC: temporary URL

temporary URL 10 years 11 months ago #20747

• bonzlee
  • bonzlee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I reviewed this post about which URL to enter when I download the extension: http://www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=91&jfile=viewtopic.php&f=5&t=3031&p=3042&hilit=temp+url+for+development+site&time=1369181437. It is an older post and I have not received a reply to my help ticket.

I am updating an existing website. I am building it on our development server and need to install DT Register there:
    Do I enter the development server URL when I register or the final domain URL?
    In the post, DT Register indicates they will respond when i want to change the URL. Does anyone have any history with that? How long does it take for them to respond?

Cheers,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

temporary URL 10 years 11 months ago #20748

• jameswhufc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
bonzlee the site i am building is on a temporary url and it works apart from the bugs which i still await fixes for.

temporary URL 10 years 6 months ago #21784

• Caveman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I am interested in the answer to this question myself. Bump it up. I am ready to purchase DT Register (single site) but I am stumped at the first field which asks for domain name.

temporary URL 10 years 6 months ago #21785

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
When you purchase, you enter the domain name where DT Register will be used. You do not enter your company's domain name or anything else... just the domain where DT Register will live.

If you are building your site on a temporary location (like most people do), no worries. You do not need to provide that domain. You can install DT Register there and it will work just fine. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

temporary URL 10 years 6 months ago #21787

• Caveman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your reply.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds