• Page:

TOPIC: multiple rates per event?

multiple rates per event? 11 years 6 months ago #19005

• WHEN
  • WHEN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Our group needs to have the ability to have multiple rates for a given event. For example, adults free and children $X amount per child. Or, 12 and older one amount and under 12 a different amount. Some events needs more than two such as a different price for adults, youth, children and infants. Can this be done?

Also, I've been using the demo site and it doesn't seem to be working. I've created a couple of different events but they don't show up on the front end. Nor do I see the events that do show up in front in the back end to see what they look like.

I would like to know how to add a registration fee to each event that is registered for on our site. It wouldn't matter if it is a group or individual registration. We want to charge $Z if the site is used.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

multiple rates per event? 11 years 6 months ago #19007

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. What you need is handled by DT Register and with more flexibility and options than any other solution. You set a base fee for the event, then use selection fields to give various options that can modify the price dynamically based on user selections.

The demo site is fine... just setup and permission items you are dealing with. First, when you create an event on the backend, be sure to select an event owner... and select the user that you are logged in with. The permissions are set where you can edit your own events only... so if you do not name yourself as the owner, you are not going to see it to manage after you create it :)

If you don't see an event on the frontend, it would be due to a category most likely. Either the category you selected is not included in the menu item, or the category access level is such that you don't have access to it. Thanks!

multiple rates per event? 11 years 6 months ago #19008

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
By the way, go to http://www.joomlaeventregistration.com to see good working examples of event registrations. Try the Underwater Basketweaving event to see some fee fields in action... and conditional fields too!

multiple rates per event? 11 years 6 months ago #19025

• ccotton
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
We use DT Register on two different sites and we're adding a third soon. Both of the existing sites have two different event fees and everything works fine. It's easy to set up.

We set the base rate at $0 so the fee depends upon the registrant's selection of Member v. Non-Member, new v. renewal, etc.

Chas.

multiple rates per event? 11 years 2 months ago #19970

• WHEN
  • WHEN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

dthadmin wrote: The demo site is fine... just setup and permission items you are dealing with. First, when you create an event on the backend, be sure to select an event owner... and select the user that you are logged in with. The permissions are set where you can edit your own events only... so if you do not name yourself as the owner, you are not going to see it to manage after you create it :)

If you don't see an event on the frontend, it would be due to a category most likely. Either the category you selected is not included in the menu item, or the category access level is such that you don't have access to it. Thanks!

When I create an event, I am selecting the demo1 user as my individual user doesn't show on the list of possible owners. When I login as the demo1 user on the front end, I don't see the event I created with that user assigned to that user.

None of the categories available on the back end are those that show up in the front end.

Another problem I have is that I can't register for any of the events because the captcha picture never shows up. I've tried three browsers.

I am rather frustrated that your demo doesn't work because your list of features appears to be what we are searching for but because I can't do these simple tasks, we can't go with you because you won't give a refund if it doesn't work on our own site. :(

Please provide some meaningful assistance.
Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds