Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can we link to registration from individual articles?

Can we link to registration from individual articles? 11 years 6 months ago #18987

• lachelt
  • lachelt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Our organization will have only a few events per year (like summer camps). And it is rare that a user will register for multiple events in a year.

Our site will have separate articles about each event, and from each of those event pages I want to provide a "Sign-up Now" button to launch them to the registration for that event. Is that possible with the DT Register extension?

Because of that I don't even want a page for them to browse events... that's just not necessary for our site. I presume I don't have to show that module?

In nearly every case when someone signs up for our events, they are registering as a pair (e.g. Father & Son). Can we make it so that when they register they give details about both people in the pair? Can that be different for some events?

For some of our events we need to know some info like shoe-size and height/weight... when the father registers he may not know those details. Is it possible for them to submit some information at registration time (basic contact info), and then later come back and add more information (shoe-size)?

Can we set it up so that for some event A we request some details about the registrant, but for event B we request a different set of information? For example, it is for our summer camp event that we want to know their shoe-size... but for a fishing event we don't need that info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can we link to registration from individual articles? 11 years 6 months ago #18991

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello! Yes, what you want to do is fine. We have an included plugin called EventLink that will give a Register button at the bottom of any article that you associate with an event in DT Register as the "Details Article". You can also manually place it somewhere else in the article if you'd like.

Any of our modules are optional so you could leave those out of the picture.

You should setup your events for group registration only, giving a minimum group size of "1". Set it for "Detailed" group registration, then you'll have details for each person in the group. You set what fields are included for each member and what fields for the final group contact/billing info.

Fields like shoe size could be left as NOT required so the user can proceed without that data if they don't know it. Then if you utilize a login for your site, users will be able to return, login and go to our User Panel to make changes to an existing registration.

The fields that are used are all set PER EVENT. So each event can collect completely different info if needed. The only fields that must be there for all events are name and email. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds