Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: included feature or configurable or customizable?

included feature or configurable or customizable? 15 years 9 months ago #1881

• jawikker
  • jawikker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I apologize if this has already been asked, I couldn\'t seem to search just this forum when I got too many results to search through. This product looks amazingly configurable, and clean. Good work. here are some outstanding questions.

1) Can Events be paid for with two separate payments? ie. an initial registration deposit and then billed for the remainder later on?
2) can DT Billing be used in conjunction with the above to automatically bill someone based on the event date or a set amount of days before?
3) I see in the demo you can add custom field to contacts, can you configure custom fields to events?
4) Really cool: Can certain contact fields only be visible/required based on the type of event being registered for. eg. if event includes meals, contact field for food allergies
5) Can I choose an event from the calendar and in its own category?
6) When I choose an event can I see more details about the email before I start jumping into the payment process? ie. See More... detail page
Really cool if on detail page also optionally provides a way to email any questions to a user regarding the event.
7) When I purchase an event and am email notified of the event, can documents be attached to this email eg. a waiver to sign? really cool if certain email templates are used based on type of event registered for.
8) Can I get an event manifest \"report\" or page that contains certain configurable fields of the event in the header and includes list of event registrants and whether paid full amount, etc?

My client wants the above features, and we can live with a more manual way if the product does not handle it, and/or I can program some of them in. If I do program them in, is the product no longer upgradable?

If anything you now have enhancement requests! Again nice product.

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

included feature or configurable or customizable? 15 years 9 months ago #1882

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Here are your answers...

1) Not at this time, but soon!
2) Not integrated with DT Billing yet, but we are planning on doing so.
3) You can assign custom fields to be used only for select events, yes.
4) Not exactly. You can configure all fields visibility/required status for free events, paid events, and group members.
5) Events are first created in JEvents, then you choose the event in DT Register to setup registration to the existing event. Currently, categories are not used in DT Register.
6) Not in DT Register, but you can use JEvents to provide as much detail as you want, then with the JEvents hack we provide, a \"Click Here to Register\" link is added to the calendar event details page.
7) Not at this time. However, there IS a mass email feature where you can send HTML emails out to all registrants of a selected event. This can be helpful for event info, reminders, etc.
8) The backend shows all of this data, just not all on one screen... you can edit the event registration details, view registrants, and for pay later registrants you can see if they have paid yet or not.

Thanks!

included feature or configurable or customizable? 15 years 8 months ago #2254

• firefly333
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, when I hide fields for paid events, they continue to appear when using Authorize.net. I understand this is likely working as designed, but I would like to know which files or db tables I need to update to remove the Organization field.

Thank you,
Susan

included feature or configurable or customizable? 15 years 8 months ago #2259

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
firefly333, why are you adding this post to this unrelated presales thread?? Please try to post in a more logical and easy to follow manner.

To answer your question, you don\'t have to modify any files to do that. In the Field settings area, you show/hide each form field for three types: free events, paid events, and group events. So, you need to hide Organization in the paid event area.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds