Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: multiple conditional fields,field->waiting list,math,groups

multiple conditional fields,field->waiting list,math,groups 11 years 8 months ago #18186

• yofee
  • yofee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I need to create a registration for a quite complicated event.

Therefore it was comfortable if I had multiple conditional fields. Is that possilbe? (e.g. his "native language" is "English" and his "foreign language" is "Spanish".)

Another point is if it is possible that a registrant will be set on the waiting list automatically if he chooses a certain field (e.g. he is older than 35 and therefore he can register from a later date on than others).

It was also nice if you could summ up values. (e.g. 2 parent + 1 child = 3 persons)

Can the waiting/active status now be choosen seperatly for every group member? (e.g. one is older than 35, one younger. The younger one is allowed to register, the older one not yet.)

Can every group member pay for his own?

Can I add registrants to a group from the back end?

Is it now easier to change the waiting/pending/active status (e.g. with one click only)?

When a registrant has already paid and then he changes something in his records that has a fee or a group member is added will the status then change from active to pending again and the regristrants will be asked to pay again?

Please let me know what is possible. How much would it cost to implement one or the other?

Thanks, dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

multiple conditional fields,field->waiting list,math,groups 11 years 8 months ago #18189

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3

Therefore it was comfortable if I had multiple conditional fields. Is that possilbe? (e.g. his "native language" is "English" and his "foreign language" is "Spanish".)

You can have multiple conditional fields... and have conditional fields that are conditional on other conditional fields... multiple levels deep. Our fields are far beyond the capabilities of any other solution.

Another point is if it is possible that a registrant will be set on the waiting list automatically if he chooses a certain field (e.g. he is older than 35 and therefore he can register from a later date on than others).

No, the waiting list applies on to the event capacity... not any other piece of registrant data.

It was also nice if you could summ up values. (e.g. 2 parent + 1 child = 3 persons)

This is what a group registration is for. You'd enter the number of people for the group, then have a field for each member where they can select parent, child, etc and then give the appropriate pricing for each member.

Can the waiting/active status now be choosen seperatly for every group member?

No, in a group registration, the status applies to the overall registration... not separately for each member of the group.

Can every group member pay for his own?

A group registration has ONE amount for the overall record. Each member of the group does not have a separate amount due or payment status.

Can I add registrants to a group from the back end?

Yes, you can add/edit/delete group members on the backend. If you utilize our User Panel, the group registrant can also login on the frontend and add/edit/delete group members.

Is it now easier to change the waiting/pending/active status (e.g. with one click only)?

You can change the status (active, pending, cancelled or waiting) by going to the edit view of a record and making that change. It's not one-click like changing the payment status as it's not a simple 2 option field like paid or attended statuses are.

When a registrant has already paid and then he changes something in his records that has a fee or a group member is added will the status then change from active to pending again and the regristrants will be asked to pay again?

A user can make changes like this in the frontend user panel if you give them access. It WILL re-calculate their registration if needed. Their status will not be modified, but if the changes cause an amount to be due, the user will be taken to make payment right there for the difference. You can also add in a Change Fee if you wanted.

multiple conditional fields,field->waiting list,math,groups 11 years 8 months ago #18190

• yofee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your quick reply!!

You can have multiple conditional fields... and have conditional fields that are conditional on other conditional fields... multiple levels deep. Our fields are far beyond the capabilities of any other solution.

I think I wasn't clear on this one. What I mean is you have
    option 1
    option 2
    - suboption 1
    - suboption 2
    option 3

Now should a field appear only when special options or suboptions are chosen. Is that possible and if yes how?

e.g.
Time - whole time (25€)
………- select day(s) - Fr (10€)
…………………………- Sa (10€)
…………………………- Su (10€)
Seminar selection … (for it is on Fr only this option should only show up when the attendee chooses "whole time" or "Fr")

A group registration has ONE amount for the overall record. Each member of the group does not have a separate amount due or payment status.

How do I understand your statement:

if an existing user registers for an event and is not already a part of the selected user group(s), that user will be assigned also to the selected group(s)... without replacing existing assignments.

( http://www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php ... f=4&t=8816 )

You can change the status (active, pending, cancelled or waiting) by going to the edit view of a record and making that change. It's not one-click like changing the payment status as it's not a simple 2 option field like paid or attended statuses are.

That takes too long. In Showroom ERP they have a one-click solution although it's not that nice. Would be fine you found a nice solution. (Maybe small radio buttons or at least a drop down in the list.)

Thanks, dan

multiple conditional fields,field->waiting list,math,groups 11 years 8 months ago #18196

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You could have a field with option 1, option 2, option 3. Then a 2nd field with suboption 1, suboption 2 that displays ONLY IF the user chooses "option 2" on the previous field.

Taking this with the time/day selection, I'd suggest this...

Registration Options: Whole Weekend / Select Days

(here, set $25 for "Whole Weekend" and $0 for "Select Days")

Days Selection: Friday / Saturday Sunday

(this would be a checkbox field with a $10 fee assigned to each value. Then set it as conditional based on the user selecting "Select Days" on the previous field)

Friday Seminar Selection: Option 1 / Option 2

(this would be a conditional field based on selecting "Friday" on the previous field. You'd create a conditional field for Friday, one for Saturday and one for Sunday.)

Edit of status does have a little room for improvement, sure. We're constantly improving the whole component. It's already miles ahead of other options... and continues to move further update by update!

multiple conditional fields,field->waiting list,math,groups 11 years 8 months ago #18199

• yofee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
In your suggestion the registrant could only choose from the seminar options when he selects "Select Days" -> "Fr" but not when he selects "whole weekend" (but of course he will be there on Fr, too). That's the point. (For the whole weekend is cheaper I have the option "whole weekend". Otherwise I could just ask "which days do you want to attend" and leave the "whole weekend" option away.)

Another point I have to deal with: I have to ask weather the registrant is older than 35 or not. If he is younger he can continue, if not he has to wait until a future date. That means I have to set in all following fields this 35-year field as the conditinal field. That's fine so far. But what do I do on the day the 35+ year old can also register… I have to change every single field that is conditional on that 35-year field. Any suggestion how to make that less work? Maybe a field family/gourp and I can tell this family to be conditional?

As I wrote, the registration for this event is quite complicated.

Thanks again. Actually you have convinced me of your product and support allready… Hope there won't be coming to many questions anymore.

multiple conditional fields,field->waiting list,math,groups 11 years 8 months ago #18210

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
In this example, you'd need to create a few more fields. So you'd have a "Friday Selection" field that is used for the individual day of Friday... then also have a COPY of that field that is also "Friday Selection" was displays on the condition of the user choosing the full event.

So you can still accomplish what you need. Might be a little leg work on the admin side to setup with all of the variables involved, but it will work!

Now, your requirement of the age field, that's a unique one that I haven't heard of before. I've seen limitations on age, of course, but not where age X can register now, but age Y has to register later.

You'd probably need to change the conditional status of those fields at that point. Hard to say. For this one, it would be better for us to see the actual structure in place... then maybe we could come up with another idea or possibility. Is there another way? Maybe. Just hard to say what's best when we don't even know what all other data will be included.

Once you are putting this together, I'd suggest submitting a ticket so we can see what you have done and just ask if there's another different suggestions we can offer at that point. Thanks!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds