TOPIC: secret event and other

secret event and other 11 years 9 months ago #18149

• french150
  • french150's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. I would like to know if your component provides these three functions:
1) ability to create events secret so that only users who receive the invitation can see and access the event, for example in case of birthdays or other special events.
2) Ability to choose a background theme from a catalog of predefined themes or upload a personal picture as wallpaper. This is useful to customize the event page. There is a plugin that does this with the JomSocial profile page, you can see here http://www.joomplace.com/jomsocial_plug ... igner.html .
3) that the administrator can set a commission (a percentage or fixed amount), so that he gains each time a user pays for the ticket of the event.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

secret event and other 11 years 9 months ago #18155

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello.

1) The only way to control visibility of an event presently is through categories. You can set the ACL of a category to Public, Registered or Special. In Joomla 2.5, you set what user types are associated with those group levels. If an event is part a category that is set as Special (for example), any users that do not belong to the Special group will not see the event at all.

Beyond this, you CAN setup an event where a user can not REGISTER for the event (even if they see it) without having a code for it. You can create a discount code, then setup the event where the code is REQUIRED. The user won't be able to proceed without having a valid code for the event.

2) We have no background theme support.

3) There is no commission support yet. We'd like to add this however, but it's not there at this time.

secret event and other 11 years 9 months ago #18157

• french150
  • french150's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
mmmm, so if someone publish an event of his birthday and public the address of his house, everyone can know it?

I don't understand why you never thought to this feature. I think that it is logical.

This is also a privacy issue.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds