TOPIC: DtRegister -Pre sale question

DtRegister -Pre sale question 11 years 11 months ago #17667

• gabba
  • gabba's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
Had a look through the site. Component looks great. Just want to check if it will work for a specific project I had in mind.

I'm looking at adding the component to a swimming website. So the entry forms would collect info like event, seeding time etc. Members can choose to attend a social function, pay a base registration fee, and then a fee based on the number of events they enter. So the first question, will DT register be able to calculate the fee depending on what option was chosen? (I think so but just want to confirm!)

Secondly, once the events are complete, we use the same event form to record any results from the meet - usually by adding a pdf of the results into a table on the event form. I'd want to display recent old events as a Latest results module, so for instance a list of event headers appeared in a column on the front page that would link through to the events themselves. If there was a "Upcoming events" module that could be set to show past events, that would work perfectly . Is this also possible?

Lastly, can you point me to a "flat view" example by date so I can have a look at it. So not the one by category that you have on the demo site, and not the calendar view, just a formatted list of events sorted by date. How configurable is the format / colours / css etc?

Cheers and thanks in advance
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DtRegister -Pre sale question 11 years 11 months ago #17669

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes, DT Register can calculate fees ($ or %) based on field selections!

Yes, the upcoming events module can be set to show past events, so you should be set there. Assign Joomla articles as "Details Articles" to the events and set the module to link to that article... so the user can get to the after-event details that you put together.

There is not a listing view presently that ignores categories. You could of course not use categories, then you'd have that, but when categories are in play, the events are sorted that way. You can create list views that only include select categories... or list events by location. That may help.

The colors used are pulled from one CSS file (for the list view). All of the buttons come from a parameter where you choose from 8 different color options. You could create custom buttons if you wanted also. Thanks!

DtRegister -Pre sale question 11 years 11 months ago #17728

• gabba
  • gabba's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the above. Looking into things a bit further, I have a couple more questions ;-)

(a) Regarding the flat list ordered by date, to get around this sort of thing in the past I've used the upcoming events module, in a module position under the content section in Joomla. So the question is, if I did it this way, can the individual module be styled (eg width, headings, font and potentially layout).

(b) Is there any thought to develping a view in the future not based on category - just by date order. I'm surprised there is not one there already

(c) I'm not overly fussed by the use of the joomla article space for the detail of each event. Other components I've used in the past, manage all the details in one place, so I just need to get my head around a new way of doing things. My client has lots of events each year and I suspect the other content on the site will get lost pretty quickly in the admin view. I would like to use categories if I can (even if it's by year), so can you tell me where the component categorisation is driven from - the setting in the component or the categorisation on the joomla article space. If it's the latter I can just put everything into one category, which should make filtering just a little easier if I use a sort by ordering.

(d) Can you confirm that I can add as many fields as I like to the registration form. The meet entry from we have has about 20 odd events, each requiring a seeding time to be submitted. The idea is then to pull all this data out of the form via CSV and drop it into a 3rd party app (Meet Manager). Fairly sure you can but it obviously it is important that we can do this ;-)
(e) Lastly (I promise!) $75 gets you the software and a support period for one year. What is the cost to renew the support after that one year period?

Cheers and thanks again for your help. I really like some of the stuff that this component does, so I'm just trying to work through what are some of the sticking points for me

DtRegister -Pre sale question 11 years 11 months ago #17729

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
a) Yes, you can style the module. It has its own CSS file, and you could of course modify the simple PHP file layout if needed also.

b) Yes :)

c) DT Register has its own category structure, independent of Joomla article categories. We generally suggest creating one article category though for your "details articles". Events can share the same article also if needed.

d) No limit to how many fields you create and use. The CSV export also is customizable so you determine what event(s) and what fields to include.

e) After the one year, the component will continue to work, you just will lose access to ongoing updates and support. To renew, you actually just purchase a new license at that time.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds