Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can DT Register be used for 2 diff. Roles?

Can DT Register be used for 2 diff. Roles? 15 years 10 months ago #1711

• aberto2k
  • aberto2k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I\'m currently starting the groundwork for migrating our static site to a bi-lingual, Joomla1.5-CMS based site so that some of my colleagues can make updates to the site without having to rely on me. .

Some background: We provide a variety of engineering services, including training and we also are resellers of engineering software (mathcad, pro/E, etc) - www.brt-solutions.com

Also note: I\'m new to Joomla and CMS web development - I took a break from web-design in 1999 to become an industrial designer, in 2006 I re-designed the website above. I\'m old school - but I\'m learning fast - so be kind.

I think that DT Register is a good fit for us - but I need to know if I can use DT Register to do the following:

1. Handle the registration for our webinars and live seminars (they\'re free)on one part of the site based on oneCalendar.

2. Handle the registration & payment for our Training classes on another part of the site based on a different Calendar.

3. Handle multiple Languages (English/French)

I\'m likely to use Jevents - but it all depends on if JEvents allows me to create calendars that can only be accessed/viewed by a single person - I don\'t was visitors to see a calendar - just a listing of available events or training in a given month/location (I\'m asking that question on the JEvents forum)- our Training Director for the training and myself for Seminars/Webinars.

Is this possible with DT Register & Jevents?

Thank you,

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can DT Register be used for 2 diff. Roles? 15 years 10 months ago #1716

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. DT Register works only with Jevents at the present. With JEvents, you can put events in different categories. Then you can setup the minicalendar or latest events modules to only show events from specific categories. We provide a hack for JEvents that adds a registration link in the event details if it has been setup in DT Register.

DT Register works off a language file so you can traslate and load a file for your language. Then your default joomla language will dictate which file is used.

The only way presently to specify who can see events in JEvents is to mark an event as public or private. If private, only logged in users will see it. There is not a method of assigning access to individual users. Thanks. Hope this helps a bit.

Nathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds