• Page:

TOPIC: Martial Arts Class Booking, etc.

Martial Arts Class Booking, etc. 12 years 2 months ago #16897

• Computer Candy
  • Computer Candy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I have a client that currently uses MindBodyOnline and would like to replace the system. DT Register looks very promising. I have looked over your features and some of your documentation but I have a few questions.

In our case the system would be used for booking classes so my questions will be in this context. I may get a little over-descriptive but I just want to be clear.

1. Since we are looking to replace MindBodyOnline we are looking for something that has nearly the same features from MBO that we use. Based on what I've read of RT Register I think most is possible with the use of custom fields but I want to make sure. Here is an example similar to the way we use MBO:
https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/ ... ioid=-1041
As the above link has, I also need it to have main categories and sub categories. For example, main categories of: CLASSES, CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS, PRIVATE LESSONS... And sub-categories (For Classes in this example) of: Adult, Jiu Jitsu, Youth, etc. I also need to be able to support the "Class Type" and "Sensei" that you see near the top of the "CLASSES" tab page. Is this all possible with RT Register? I don't need most of the other functions shown in this example like Facebook etc, since I can accomplish all of that by other means in Joomla.

2. The Martial Arts studio currently has a punch card system where you can pay for 10 adult fitness classes and then show up to any random Adult Fitness class (up to 10 of course) as long as you sign up or register for each class before it is full. In DT Register, can a customer pay for a package of x specific classes (Adult Fitness in this case) and then be able to have a credit for that many sign-ups or "Register"s of that class?

3a. MindBodyOnline has an option for customers to "check-in" once they arrive to class with membership cards via a card scanner. Does DT Register support this option? 3b. MBO even allows for people to use anything with a magnetic strip (Like a Credit Card or Drivers License) to be stored on file as your "membership card". Does DT Register support this?

4. Is there a non-functioning demo version of RT Register that I can install on our site? Basically, a version that I can setup with the Martial Arts classes to "look" complete but that customers can't actually use to signup for classes? I need to be able to show my Martial Arts client almost exactly how the system will look and feel on their site before they will probably make a commitment to cancelling MBO and buying RT Register.

Sorry for making the questions so over-winded. I just wanted to be as clear as I could. Any answers are greatly appreciated. We are looking to make a switch from MBO ASAP. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Martial Arts Class Booking, etc. 12 years 2 months ago #16902

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. First, never heard of MindBodyOnline so I'm not familiar with that system at all... so I can't make any comparisons. I'll answer your questions though simply based on what DT Register can do. You'll find it is VERY flexible and goes deeper by far than other similar solutions for Joomla.

1) You can have two levels of categories, so main and sub categories are covered. Your "class type" would be a category filter which can be enabled. The "sensei" would be the moderator in DT Register. You can change the language as needed. There is not a moderator filter like that available... however, you CAN create menu items that will list events by category or by moderator. There is also a search module where users have the ability to search for events and filter them by category, moderator or location.

2) DT doesn't use "credits". You can register for multiple events at one time, but you can't pay ahead and then pick the classes later. You CAN, if you enable and give access to it, allow users to come in and make changes and/or cancellations so if they register for something and need to modify, they can.

3) DT Register can generate barcodes for each record that you can then use with whatever scanning solution you have. There is not presently a "check in" or scanning solution that communicates back to DT Register. This is something we are working on through mobile solutions.

There is no connection to other miscellaneous cards by magnetic strip.

4) There is not a demo version that you can install on your site. There is a demo site at http://www.joomlaeventregistration.com that gives some helpful examples. There is also a backend demo where you can look around the admin side at http://www.dthdevelopment.com/demo/administrator . Login with demo1 and password demo123.

Thanks!

Martial Arts Class Booking, etc. 12 years 2 months ago #16906

• Computer Candy
  • Computer Candy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for all of the answers.

I have some follow up questions to your replies if you are able to help again.

2. Is it possible to set the price of a class (i.e. "event") based on the registered user's "user group"? (The "user groups" built into Joomla) For example, when a person signs up for a class, I can set a custom user group of "Jiu-Jitsu Student" or "Adult Fitness" in Joomla. If I can set the price based on the user group, then brand new students would get charged full price whereas current students would be free. That way, "Adult Fitness" students could sign up for any class for free until they have been removed from the "Adult Fitness" user group. This would be a great solution. Otherwise, possibly a gift certificate solution. Does your system have gift certificates?

3. Rather than generating a brand new barcode, can I use a pre-existing one?

4. Do you have a directory of webistes that use DT Register that showcase some other examples? The demo you linked to is good but I need to show my client further examples to show a bit more flexibility.

5. Can the single site license be upgraded later? It looks like the single site license is encoded and at some point we will likely want to modify some code to customize it to our purposes. (which looks like we would need to upgrade the license for this)

6. How likely is it that any of the things i've asked about that are not features, may be added in the future? Or is it possible to pay for custom modifications? Do you offer modification services? If so, what are your fees?

Thank you again and I apologize for all of the questions. I just want to be as well informed as possible before purchase.

Martial Arts Class Booking, etc. 12 years 1 month ago #16917

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
2. No, pricing is not based on user groups. You COULD create a custom field giving the various group type selections that you have. Assign a fee value as needed to each option. Then if you use the sync option with Community Builder or JomSocial, you can make the same field in the profile, but set it where only an admin can modify it. Then in DT Reg config, set it to "View Only Profile Data" so the data from the profile is auto-populated into forms, but unable to be modified. So the field in the registration form would populate their group from the profile... get the appropriate fee from that selection... and you're ready to go.

3. No, the barcodes are created based on the unique confirmation number assigned to each record. You can set the confirmation number to be random or sequential, can set a prefix for each one if needed, and set a starting number for sequential.

4. There are thousands of people that use DT Register. We do not provide lists on our own, as some people may not like that. There is in this forum however a "Show & Tell" area where some people have posted their sites.

5. No code is encoded regardless of the license. You can modify any file as needed. The developer license would be intended for those who need support for multiple sites using DT Register as well as a two year timeframe for updates and support. You can get a discount code to apply to a dev license later if needed and your single license is still active.

6. DT Register is highly active. We put out significant updates every 1-2 months on average. Always improving, adding new features, fixing, etc. Most new features are based on popularity of the requested feature or if someone pays for the feature to be added now rather than later. So yes, we do offer custom work time-permitting. Thanks.

Martial Arts Class Booking, etc. 12 years 1 month ago #17055

• bethcms
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am a current user version 2.7.15. I have a question based on this reply:

2. No, pricing is not based on user groups. You COULD create a custom field giving the various group type selections that you have. Assign a fee value as needed to each option. Then if you use the sync option with Community Builder or JomSocial, you can make the same field in the profile, but set it where only an admin can modify it. Then in DT Reg config, set it to "View Only Profile Data" so the data from the profile is auto-populated into forms, but unable to be modified. So the field in the registration form would populate their group from the profile... get the appropriate fee from that selection... and you're ready to go.

I am using JomSocial profile sync. I would like to use it so the registration price changes based on member type. I have linked my JomSocial membership type to a drop-down field with associated member types and value adjustments made to each member type. The autofill feature for the form works for any text field. But not dropdown fields. So my intent to auto select their member type and automatically adjust the registration cost is not working. How is my solution different than what you describe above?

Martial Arts Class Booking, etc. 12 years 1 month ago #17063

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
bethcms - the profile sync should work with any field type... as long as the field type is the same on both sides and has the same values structure. If you can't make one work, submit a ticket with admin access so we can check it out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds