• Page:

TOPIC: Pay once for multiple events

Pay once for multiple events 12 years 2 months ago #16715

• sixteenlabs
  • sixteenlabs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Does your system support the ability for members to pay once for a series of events.

Scenario: We have a "boot camp" that will occur on Tuesday mornings at 6:00am over a 6 week period (repeats 5 times). When the user registers for the first boot camp they pay $135 and have access to all 6 events at no additional charge.

Second Scenario: An attendee only wants to attend one of the boot camps to try it out. They only want to attend the 3rd boot camp but no others. They will be charged $30 for the single session.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pay once for multiple events 12 years 2 months ago #16722

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
DT Register allows multiple event registration... where you can register for an event, add it to your cart, then register for others... and make one payment.

I would need more detail to answer specifically on your two scenarios here, but here is some suggestions on how to proceed based on what you gave here...

Create ONE event, then have a field where the user selects from:
Attend all 6 boot camps (applies a $135 fee) or Select individual boot camps.

If the user selects that second choice, it would then display (yes, we have conditional fields!) the 6 sessions as checkboxes to choose from in the one registration form. Each checkbox would have a $30 fee connected to it.

This is how I would suggest setting it up. As DT Register is very flexible, you can accomplish most tasks in multiple ways, so you determine the best route for you. This COULD be done by creating a separate event for each boot camp, and we could give any needed direction on this route, but I think the above suggestion would be the way to go.

Pay once for multiple events 12 years 1 month ago #17182

• thetexian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My situation is similar, but I want to expand the question based upon your response of using conditional fields.

My client will have a group of 10 weekly sessions. User can register for all, or some. If user selects all ten, they will get a discount. They will also be able to select a group of 4, or an individual session. The additional question revolves around keeping track of the event capacity.

Each session will have a capacity of 10, which would be any combination of buy-all-10, buy-group-of-4, or buy-single. Overall EVENT capacity is 100, but SESSION capacity of 10 is all we really care about. How do you suggest keeping that in synch?

If they select buy-all-10, that's one seat in every session. Other selection would be one seat per session.

Additionally, how might we NOT display those sessions whose dates have passed?

If this be not feasible, we can go the route of defining each session individually, but it will be a royal pain for users to select the first session, then cycle thru each of the other 9 before checkout - unless there might be some other way to select 10 at once..

Pay once for multiple events 12 years 1 month ago #17186

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
thetexian - there is not a method to do exactly what you have described... outside of using the cart of doing each session separately. You CAN create fields to accomplish this all in one event and it will handle the pricing just fine. The only thing you would NOT get is the 10 person capacity for each session. If you just had a checkbox field showing each of the 10 sessions, no problem. Our selection limits will take care of your capacity need. However, to setup the groups of 4 or select all type options, you'd need additional fields, which would mean your capacity checks on those checkboxes would not be accurate.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds