Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Possible? Only special Groups can CREATE events in frontend?

Possible? Only special Groups can CREATE events in frontend? 12 years 3 months ago #16515

• testit
  • testit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

is DT Register able to provide following feature with Joomla >= 1.7?

I want to create a group called "value added custumers (vac)" that should be able to create events shown up to the public whereas "normal" logged-in users only can register for those events but not create any events.

[url]AND:[/url]

Can one provide different email-addresses for each event where the registration data are sent to?

I ask because if different customers can create own events then it will be important that registrations for their events are sent to THEIR mail address!

Thanks and best regards
testit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible? Only special Groups can CREATE events in frontend? 12 years 2 months ago #16521

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes, DT Register has a detailed permissions structure where you set what DT functions are available to users based on their user group. You can even specify per user if needed.

Each event has its own "admin notification email address" to be notified of new registrations, so when a user creates an event, they'd specify what that email address is.

Possible? Only special Groups can CREATE events in frontend? 12 years 2 months ago #16544

• testit
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks a lot for your detaled answers!

Your wrote:

"Yes, DT Register has a detailed permissions structure where you set what DT functions are available to users based on their user group. You can even specify per user if needed."

Since Joomla 1.5 does not provide the extended ACL functionality of Joomla >= 1.6, I wonder if it is possible to grant certain users (VAC) the permission to create events in the frontend in Joomla 1.5 too?

Thanks again and best regards
testit

Possible? Only special Groups can CREATE events in frontend? 12 years 2 months ago #16545

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
The permission structure of DT Register goes beyond Joomla ACL. Works the same in 1.5 as the current 2.5.

Possible? Only special Groups can CREATE events in frontend? 12 years 2 months ago #16546

• testit
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you for your fast reply!

I will buy DT Register!

Best regards
testit

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds