Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Possible to attach event infos (PDFs etc.) for reg. users?

Possible to attach event infos (PDFs etc.) for reg. users? 12 years 3 months ago #16476

• testit
  • testit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

can I provide further event information for users that have registered for certain events so that after registering they additionally can download further information like i.e. PDFs, ZIPs, PPT etc.?

Thanks and best regards
testit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible to attach event infos (PDFs etc.) for reg. users? 12 years 3 months ago #16479

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
There is not YET a download option for users after registering built in, but here's what you CAN do:

- Upload your file so it is sent to the user as an attachment to their confirmation email.

- Create a custom "Thanks message" for the event that shows onscreen after registering, and put a link in that message taking the user to a download.

- Setup a custom redirect for after the registration so the user is redirected to another page where the download is available.

Thanks!

Possible to attach event infos (PDFs etc.) for reg. users? 12 years 3 months ago #16516

• testit
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks a lot for the workaround!

Best regards
testit

Possible to attach event infos (PDFs etc.) for reg. users? 12 years 2 months ago #16530

• testit
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

is there any (planned) timeline for implementing a "file attach" feature in DT Register?

I think DT Register really is the right solution for me but the other solutions I evaluated are providing a native "attach files"-feature without the need to make use of a workaround. Nost customers that create their own events in the frontend will not be able to upload files anywhere via FTP for linking them in an email.

Best regards
testit

Possible to attach event infos (PDFs etc.) for reg. users? 12 years 2 months ago #16535

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello again. You don't need to use FTP for what I suggested. When you create your event (frontend or backend), you can upload a file using a tool built in to DT Register which will be included as an attachment to the confirmation email the user receives.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds