TOPIC: ACL Questions

ACL Questions 12 years 4 months ago #16081

• bnrbranding
  • bnrbranding's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I think I already found my answer here -

Second, the permissions takes DT Register control far beyond any other option. You can set each feature (event management, category management, configuration, payment setup, CSV export, etc, etc) and say which user group types have the ability to access each of those functions. This affects both frontend and backend use. You can also specify PER USER if needed to give specific permissions to individual site users.

I wanted to make sure that I can do what the client. I've got a client that will be offering registrations for different user groups. It would seem that I can show certain registrations only to certain groups. Is this correct?

In the case of some events, it will be open to multiple groups but the pricing will vary per group. Is it possible to adjust the pricing per group or would we have to create an event per group? If an event per group must be created, can multiple registrations be related to a single event?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ACL Questions 12 years 4 months ago #16085

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
You can't do exactly what you have described. You can set the access level for categories as Public, Registered or Special. In Joomla 1.7, you have more control over what user types will fall into those groups. But you can't specify (YET) individual user groups that have access to certain events or categories.

So, if you're talking just a couple different groups, then you could probably make that work. Otherwise, some tweaking would be needed. This is work that we are planning to do for further enhancement. How soon would you need that?

ACL Questions 12 years 4 months ago #16121

• bnrbranding
  • bnrbranding's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I think the vast majority would be simply registered or not registered pricing. We will be using AEC in order to sell membership so anyone that is a registered user will qualify for a member discount. All others will pay an increased fee. The main thing I would like to avoid is having to double enter all of the events - one for registered, one for not. It would be much nicer to have 2 price fields that are dependent on the users logged in status.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds