TOPIC: repeating events, pre-populating fields

repeating events, pre-populating fields 12 years 5 months ago #15667

• tnrglobal1
  • tnrglobal1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm confused as to support for repeating events. One one forum post, I read:

Yes, DT Register supports repeating events. When you create the repeating event, individual occurrences of that event are automatically created so they are separately able to be registered for... and also edited if need be. When you set an opening date or cut-off date in a repeating scenario, DT Register calculates the number of days that is compared to the date of the event. Then each repeat automatically gets an open and cut-off date with the same date range. Follow?

In the FAQ, though, it says it only works if you don't sync with jevents:
Q: Does DT Register support recurring or repeating events?
A: YES! As of version 2.7.0, you can create repeating events when you choose to NOT sync with JEvents.

Can we use repeating events registration with Jevents? And is there a way to either register for the series of events or for individual events?

Also, unrelated, is there any way to pre-fill in some fields in a registration form for logged in members?

I have used DTRegister before with Joomla! 1.5 with Jevents, but not the most recent version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

repeating events, pre-populating fields 12 years 5 months ago #15670

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
DT Register can be used stand-alone OR synced with JEvents. The ideal use is without JEvents. DT Reg can create repeating events, BUT when you sync with events from JEvents, repeating events will not show as an option to sync with.

Our repeating events makes each repeat its own event... so each one can be registered for and managed separately.

Yes, auto-population is available as you can sync any Community Builder or JomSocial profile field with any DT Register field. Then when the user is logged in, the forms will auto-populate data from all synced fields.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds