TOPIC: some quick questions

some quick questions 12 years 6 months ago #15450

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
hello

I'm near to buy Dtregister but the problem is I need to customize many thing for fit requirement of my specific project. My primary goal is to let users (author only) post their own event and this approach is not well described. It seem concerning User Event Post the system is no much flexible.

I noticed in your demo, when posting a event, the form is a bit messy and is full of stuff at my opinion non necessary for a simple users who want post an event.

So here some questions:

1) About Time Format Display: Is not possible to define this one time in Configuration then hide this field? Except if all your customer build very big international site, I think is not necessary to show this field. Making event is often in the same country or at lest on the same continent, so the time display can be set one time only. However is probably possible to hack the form file and put off this field ?

2) About Send New Registration Notification Emails To: Is not possible to automatically add the same email used by the registered user and to "lock" (read only) the field? Or to simply hide this field and automatically send notification to email of user who post the event.

3) About Registration Types to Allow: I would like user post only Individual Event. Is not possible to set "Individual" somewhere and to hide this field for avoid user choose Group or Both?

4) About Event Status: I want all Event to be Public. Same question...is not possibel to set "Public" somewhere and to hide this field without let user to choose Private ?

5) About Minimum Group Size: I don't want user post Group Event... Same question..not possible to hide this field ?

6) About Prerequisite Categories and Categorie: I noticed even if we set in Configuration to make not required, fields are always displayed. Not possible to hide ?

7) About Event Details Article: This is a great feature because I need let user to chose between a preset of specific article. However all section and category of the whole site are displayed. Not possible to show only section and category, article we want user choose ? Is possible to make this field required ?

8) About Details Link ItemID Override: I don't understand for what is this field. If DTregister take the selected article, why we need to set another Item ID ? In witch case ?

9) About Event Category: Is possible to make required to choose a category ?

10) Is possible to sort/list event posted by the same user? If I can get a link who will list all event it will be great.

11) Your component is a unique addon compatible J 1.5 + 1.6 + 1.7 or you have different version?

I have many more questions but for start this is enough I think.. :-)

Many thank

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

some quick questions 12 years 6 months ago #15456

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello...

1) This is currently a per event setting. We'll try to add it as a global option in future builds. Not a big deal though :)

2) Not possible at this time to automate or lock in this parameter.

3) You can set events to only allow individual registration... but you can't restrict the user from creating an event and not seeing this option... unless you modify the code.

4) Same answer :)

5) Same answer :)

6) There is hiding the prerequisite option. Just ignore it if you don't need to use it.

7) Can't make the article required... can't limit to only certain categories... not without code modification.

8) The Itemid override is usually not needed. It's there for the chance that it is. In some usage of core Joomla SEF, the Itemid is not always properly used. Plus this gives you the OPTION to specify an ID separate from what is grabbed automatically. It's not the article ID though... Itemid is for a menu item.

9) Not without modification.

10) Not an event list by user yet. That will be coming soon hopefully.

11) Compatible with 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7, yes. Currently, it's the same component, just modified as needed to work in 1.5 or 1.7. There are small differences between them just to address differences on the Joomla side, but DT Register functions are the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds