Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: conference registration with multiple workshops in sessions

conference registration with multiple workshops in sessions 12 years 6 months ago #15306

• peterbat
  • peterbat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is it possible to create a registration form for a conference with several sessions each day, with each session having multiple workshop choices, and with the different workshops having different capacities?
For example, session 1 might have three workshop options, A, B, and C.
Workshop A has 20 places, workshop B has 10 places, and Workshop C has 15 places.
Once a workshop is full, it needs to be either greyed out or otherwise removed from the options available.
Workshops would generally need to be shown as a dropdown list, or as a set of radio buttons.

Thanks, Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

conference registration with multiple workshops in sessions 12 years 6 months ago #15307

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Yes, this is possible. With our selection fields, you can give various choices in the form... each having a limit set (or unlimited)... ability to apply fees/discounts to each of those options... also with the ability to use conditional fields, meaning field Y only shows if you choose the designated value from field X.

conference registration with multiple workshops in sessions 11 years 9 months ago #18128

• yahhr857
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I bought this product based on "yes you can" but have yet to see where I can set up an event with multiple sessions.

I am setting up one workshop with a bunch of single sessions with the workshop moderator. Kind of like parent-teacher conferences where you sign up for a 10 minute slot to chat with a teacher and it goes on for hours with a different person in each slot.

Can you be a little more clear about how that might be done? Or point me to a tutorial or other users who have done so?

Thanks!

conference registration with multiple workshops in sessions 11 years 9 months ago #18130

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
As stated, you would use selection fee fields... providing options with checkboxes, radio buttons or dropdowns... assigning fee values to each option so when a user chooses it, it adds or discounts that amount.

You should watch our video tutorials, especially the ones on fields usage... mainly the selection fields and conditional fields videos.

Selection Fields:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuB1qwx4pJo

Conditional Fields:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo32jE2Q9Vk

conference registration with multiple workshops in sessions 11 years 9 months ago #18131

• yahhr857
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you for the prompt reply.
I tried conditional formatting and it works to a point. The issue is that if another person comes in and registers, the radio button is unusable until the person clicks on another button, and then they can click on anything.

So say I have radio buttons for users to select a time from 10:00 to 11:00 in ten minute intervals. If I register, I can click on the 10:00 time. If I am another user and register, I cannot click on 10:00 at first, but if I click on 10:10, then I can go back and click on 10:00. Actually, I don't want 10:00 to even show as an option if another person has registered that time.

Ideally, this would be in the repeat interval for those times when one event has many smaller sessions instead of having to set up conditional formatting for every change in time of one day, multiple sessions....something for the wishlist?

Thanks for the ideas...I will keep trying things!

conference registration with multiple workshops in sessions 11 years 9 months ago #18181

• yahhr857
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Follow-up on the previous post, and maybe this belongs in support now?

If I click on a radio button in a field to register for a time, according to what your tutorial says, the next person to register should not see the radio button, correct?

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying, I either have to have separate fields conditional on each other for each 10 minute appointment of a one-day workshop, or separate events for a one day workshop.
For this particular event, that is 51 fields or 51 events which seems a bit excessive.

Am I being too hopeful that your program cannot do this or am I not understanding what you are saying about how it works?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds