• Page:

TOPIC: DT Register categories

DT Register categories 12 years 7 months ago #14842

• OkiePCer
  • OkiePCer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Could someone please explain categories and category levels?

My event has sponsorships at 2-3 levels (for an entire table), individual (which is often a couple or an entire table), and some times other types of tickets, such as receptions. How would categories work for this? I read DTRegister only has 2 category levels.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DT Register categories 12 years 7 months ago #14862

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. True, DT Register has a two-level structure for categories. Based on what you're saying, I'm not sure categories even applies. You can apply multiple price levels and options through our fields. Please give more details as to your setup needs and we'll help you nail down how to accomplish it.

DT Register categories 12 years 7 months ago #14926

• OkiePCer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Not sure what more I can say other than what I listed before, but I'll try to put it a different way.

On our purchase page, we would have purchase options like:

Gold Sponsorship Package $#### (10 people)
Silver Sponsorship Package $#### (10 people)
Table $#### (10 people)
Individual $#### (1-# people)
Reception ticket $#### (1-# people)

We would need to allow people to sign up for multiple tickets/packages, but we also need to track their attendees or at list allow a comment field to list them. Tracking would be preferable as it would be nice if the database would tell us how many tickets we have sold.

Does that make it clearer?

DT Register categories 12 years 7 months ago #14932

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This is just a terminology item. What you need to setup is not "categories" in the way they are used for DT Register. You can setup multiple pricing options for any event using selection fields. You'd setup a dropdown (or radio buttons) where the user could choose their package type or whatever option you need to give. Assign the necessary fee/discount to each option... and also assign your limit (as needed) for each one. This way only X number of people can choose each option.

You can see the options people choose in the backend records... in the emails that are sent... and when you run a CSV export of records. Thanks.

DT Register categories 12 years 7 months ago #14939

• OkiePCer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you. Can you explain what categories are then?

DT Register categories 12 years 7 months ago #14942

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Categories are optional, but you can use them to separate the actual events into various types of events. Not types of tickets or options WITHIN an event... but types of events themselves. In our event list view, the events are sorted by category, if you use categories. You can also assign a color to a category, so if you use our calendar, the events will show with the background color from their category. Also, a list of events or calendar view can be sorted by category... to see a specified group of events instead of all of them.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds