TOPIC: Events That Don't Require Registration

Events That Don't Require Registration 12 years 9 months ago #14230

• ShortHorse
  • ShortHorse's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello!

Firstly, this looks fantastic! I'm building a site for an equine membership group, and I think this will work perfectly for their events from what I've seen so far. I do have a question (just one for now!), and my apologies - I tried to search the forum but didn't have any luck:

This group lists a lot of events that are sanctioned by the group, but are not controlled by it nor is registration taken by this group - they are simply listings for events put on by other organizers. I read in the feature list that it's possible to have events on the calendar that do not require registration, but was unable to figure out how to set this up in the back end demo. Without having to describe the whole process here, is this possible? And, is there a way to see what it looks like in the front end? I expect my client will not be able to visualize it unless I can show them. :wink:

Thank you!
Heather

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Events That Don't Require Registration 12 years 9 months ago #14231

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. You can definitely do this. Set the "Registration Open Date" for the event to be any date AFTER the event is over. This will basically delay registration from opening... ever :) Thanks!

Events That Don't Require Registration 12 years 9 months ago #14232

• ShortHorse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Fantastic! I tried this in the demo, and got varying results. First, it created the event, but there was a register button. So, I went back to see if I'd done something silly, but couldn't edit the event (no permission). Then, I created a new event, but it must not have saved, as it didn't show up. However, I did see someone that entered a "blank" Registration Open Date, so there was a tooltip info thing, but you couldn't click on it and have it take you anywhere. I suppose this would work as well, provided it can be done that way?

Events That Don't Require Registration 12 years 9 months ago #14234

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
DT Register has a full permissions matrix that only super admins have access to. Currently it is setup where Manager user types can only manage their own events. So when you create an event (in the backend), you get to select which site user is the owner. If you create it on the frontend, whoever is logged in is automatically the owner.

So, when you go to edit it, you don't have permission if you are not the named owner. That was your issue. So create a new event and set yourself as the owner (the demo1 user).

The registration open date is optional. If you leave it blank, the event is immediately open for registration. Thanks.

Events That Don't Require Registration 12 years 9 months ago #14236

• ShortHorse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh, for heaven's sake! That is a silly mistake. Thank you. i will play with it some more. :roll:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds