• Page:

TOPIC: Reg form with long explanations and drop downs

Reg form with long explanations and drop downs 15 years 11 months ago #1401

• ericbecky
  • ericbecky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
We have a registration form that has lots of text as well as multiple dropdowns that affect the registration cost.

I think DT Registration can handle it, but want to be sure before I make the purchase.

I may need to fiddle with a few things, like the Tshirt amount/size, to make it work with DT Reg?

See last year\'s version of the form at this link
http://www.hybridfest.com/Registration2007.htm

I look forward to your comments.

A summary of the form.
It starts with a bunch of text explaining when the event is and registrations cutoff, etc.

Next it asks how many adults (16 and older) the person is going to register. Depending on number it changes the cost.

Then the person fills out all sorts of data about themselves.
Some are text fields, and some are drop downs (yes/no options.

Once they fill out their info, the form then asks the same questions about the other adults they are registering. If they are only registering one person then they can leave the fields blank/default answer. The form catches if the number of people they fill in info does not match the number of people they register.

Next is a section with a bunch of text and some optional text fields they complete if needed.

Next is some fields where they identify the sizes of the extra tshirts they want to purchase, if any. The form calculates the cost dependent on how many of the dropdowns are modified.

Next we move on to some dropdowns related to food.

A comment box.

A HUGE disclaimer (2,650 characters) and then an \"I agree\" dropdown. The form checks to make sure that the person chooses \"I agree\".

After this people have a confirmation page and then complete payment via paypal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reg form with long explanations and drop downs 15 years 11 months ago #1402

• ericbecky
  • ericbecky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I forgot to mention... The form I\'m showing you is for last year\'s event and we made that site with Frontpage. We are in the process to possibly converting over to Joomla for the site, but the biggest question before we make the switch, is whether or not we will be able to recreate the registration form.

Reg form with long explanations and drop downs 15 years 11 months ago #1412

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes, DT Register can handle what you need. You\'ll need to think it through to lay it out the best way... it will vary slightly from what you have now, but in the end, the job will be accomplished very much the same way. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds