• Page:

TOPIC: Waiting list to Registered

Waiting list to Registered 13 years 1 month ago #12798

• tsz42
  • tsz42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My question is in regards to what happens when a user registers for a 'full' event.
I've searched and read the forums, but just want a concrete answer:

1 - If an event is full and a user registers, are they put on the "waiting" list, correct?
2 - If put on the waiting list, I can generate and send them a separate email, correct?
3 - What happens when a spot opens up and there are people on the waiting list?
Is the move automatic from waiting to registered? Or is it still manual? I believe in a post you said the move was manual as of v2.7

Also, what happens if a user registers for an event and are put on the waiting list. However, they register for another event at the same time. Does the "availability check" come into play at that point? Or does it only check against current, confirmed registered events? I hope that makes sense...

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Waiting list to Registered 13 years 1 month ago #12801

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello!

1 - IF you enable the waiting list feature for an event, then a full event will take the user through the waiting list registration form. The form is exactly the same as a regular registration so you gather all info and the pricing is calculated. No payment is collected. The registration record is created with a status of "Waiting".

2 - The event admin receives a notification of the new waiting list record... and the user receives a custom waiting list email that you configure.

3 - No one will automatically move into the regular records when a space opens, but you can manually change a record's status from "Waiting" to "Active" or "Pending". If you have enabled the status change email in DT Reg configuration, the user will automatically receive an email to notify then that their status has been changed.

Not sure if I understand your last question... but each event has its own capacity, so you could be added to the waiting list for one event while registering as an active registrant on a separate event all at the same time (if using multiple event registration). Thanks.

Waiting list to Registered 12 years 11 months ago #13819

• 1001notte
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for clear anwer, I had same questions! Now it's clear.

However I have a question more regarding Waiting List:

When a user want to register in "waiting-list" for a "FULL" event, he needs to know how many other people (if any) are in waiting-list for the same event.

Otherwise the user cannot know if there are one, two or 1000 people waiting before his registration. He must know it, so he can decide to register or not, hope to be confirmed or not.

There is some way to link a waiting list page for every full event?

Thanks

Piero Pavan
Italy

Waiting list to Registered 12 years 11 months ago #13821

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
There is presently no method of displaying waiting list members on the frontend for other users or displaying how many are on it. Don't think anyone has actually requested that before. We'll consider options for that in future development!

Waiting list to Registered 12 years 9 months ago #14174

• Difficilus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Otherwise the user cannot know if there are one, two or 1000 people waiting before his registration. He must know it, so he can decide to register or not, hope to be confirmed or not.

I agree. This would also be a great addition to consider for future development. Our events always have a cap on the number of allowed attendees and a waiting list is often needed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds