TOPIC: Issues with Joomla 3.3

Issues with Joomla 3.3 10 years 6 days ago #23209

• AndyTri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Also doesn't work with 3.2.4.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Issues with Joomla 3.3 10 years 6 days ago #23210

• Dazzler24
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
In reply to the error issues as reported by "himanshuendless".

Try this - Log into your backend and go to: Site > Global Configuration > Server Settings > Error Reporting and change to none.

Last Edit: by Dazzler24. Reason: No reeference to post

Issues with Joomla 3.3 10 years 6 days ago #23211

• nathan.dth
  • nathan.dth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Joomla 3.2.4 is essentially the same new update... just for people running PHP versions older than 5.3.10.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Issues with Joomla 3.3 10 years 5 days ago #23217

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Update is now available! See details here:

www.dthdevelopment.com/dth-news/dt-regis...-for-joomla-3.3.html

Go to My Orders and download the package.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Issues with Joomla 3.3 10 years 3 days ago #23230

• ernienet
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Nathan,

I've got a site with Joomla 3.2.3, and DT Register 3.0.8. I've been having trouble with the event name in the event list not going to the article, even though the article is linked and active. It tries to go to the Registration page, but this customer uses EventBrite, so I have the Registration Start Date set to a day past the event.

So I downloaded DT Register 3.0.9 and installed, but I got a JTableInterface fatal error on both the home page and administrator.

I was able to rollback with Akeeba, but I'm a little confused about the 3.2.4/3.3 Joomla update. I'm on 3.2.3, so DT Register should have worked, right? For some reason, Joomla is only showing the 3.3 option on this site, but it's showing 3.2.4 on another site. I don't want to go to 3.3 until I'm confident that it won't break other 3rd party components.

So I know I'm combining two issues here, but the first issue (event title won't link to article) is not the immediate concern - that was just the trigger. The real question is why I'm getting that fatal error.

Thanks,

Ernie

Issues with Joomla 3.3 10 years 3 days ago #23232

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The fatal error is due to not having the right version combo.

First... Joomla 3.2.4 is essentially the same thing as 3.3 EXCEPT the 3.2.4 is what your site will update to if you have a PHP version older than 5.3.10. The 3.3 version requires newer than that, so if you have a newer PHP, although the Joomla update will likely LOOK like it's going to upgrade to 3.2.4, it will actually update to 3.3.

Either way, after you update Joomla, you will HAVE to update DT Register to 3.0.9.

ALSO, the new DT Register version is NOT to be used on older versions of Joomla. If you are going to continue using an older Joomla 3.x build, then you can not upgrade DT Register to this new package.

So... updating Joomla to 3.3 (or 3.2.4) and DT Register to 3.0.9 is an "All or Nothing" situation... not one or the other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ernienet

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds