• Page:

TOPIC: DT Donate 2.0 and Paypal redirect in IE7 & 6

DT Donate 2.0 and Paypal redirect in IE7 & 6 16 years 7 months ago #162

• conticreative
  • conticreative's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good job with the new script. Much more solid code. I found a problem with the Paypal redirect in IE6 and 7. While in Firefox the pages work perfectly and I was able to make transactions both in Authorize.net and Paypal, in IE7 and 6 when the user clicks on Paypal (either option) and the Paypal redirection notice appears nothing happens. In case it was just my browsers (and my IE6 is one of those builds to allow IE7,6,5,4 to work alongsid each other) I have had others go to the page and test it with both ie6 and ie7 and everyone had the same issue. The page seemns to hang there. I loked at the code but I could not find any place where that may be happening. Would you mind taking a look at it? I can't launch until I know it will work in IE6 and 7 at least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DT Donate 2.0 and Paypal redirect in IE7 & 6 16 years 7 months ago #163

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Please provide the URL of the site that you are having this issue on. Provide via PM if you don't want to put it here. Many people are already using this without having this issue. The only instance we have seen this at this point was with a site that was still using a temporary URL based upon an IP address instead of a domain name. We're trying to figure out if that is something that is not allowed to proceed by PayPal.

DT Donate 2.0 and Paypal redirect in IE7 & 6 16 years 7 months ago #164

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
We have released a new version 2.01 that incorporates a couple of fixes, this paypal redirect issue being one of them. Login to your account to download the release.

DT Donate 2.0 and Paypal redirect in IE7 & 6 16 years 7 months ago #165

• conticreative
  • conticreative's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Fantastic, I am glad to hear I was not dreaming and that was a real issue and not something I was doing. By the way, I am working on a rewrite of the HTML code in the donation form. Are you interested in getting a copy from me after I am done? The goal is to make the form section 508 accessible by using <fieldset> and <label> tags. Since I don't like inline css the user would have to also insert some css code in their css file., but that shouldn't be hard. In fact, I would really like to see Joomla developers like you guys starting to distribute 2 versions of their component, one with an easy install (and CSS + Javascript brought in inline) and one where some assembly is required. I end up always rewriting many components by taking out the JS and the CSS and placing them in include files and I am constantly rewriting the HTML, especially in forms and such. With many components I also take the inline css (inline like <div style="> syntax) and substituting classes that I can then control from the master CSS. I think that distributing two versions would be the ideal compromise. What do you think? WOuld it be something you are interested in doing in the future?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds