• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Post-Installation Issues

[SOLVED] Post-Installation Issues 16 years 1 week ago #1288

• phufford
  • phufford's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A lot of my issues have been previously discussed. I\'m posting this to try to get some ideas as to what I haven\'t looked at yet in regards to this component and making it work. I\'m using 2.1.4, the latest release I could find.

We\'re running in Authorize.net-only mode and I\'ve copied the API Login ID and Transaction ID from their web site.

When we tried our first test donation we ran into the \"Blank Screen Issue\" described here: http://www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php ... 77&catid=2

In an attempt to fix that, I uncommented that line in dtdonate.php. After uncommenting that line, I reloaded the dt_donate page and then immediately ran into the \"Weird Character Problem\" described here: http://www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php ... 45&catid=2

In addition, the same \"blank screen issue\" was happening, so things were almost regressing. Commenting out those lines in dtdonate.php again didn\'t undo the \"Weird character\" problem either. So I ended up reinstalling the component and set it up again with all the proper API Login ID and Transaction ID to make sure I hadn\'t messed anything up. I\'m still getting the same issues.

It was suggested that I try turning on debug mode to see what is going on, but that forces debug information to be displayed on a live site, which isn\'t something I want to do during the day unless completely necessary.

Just to give some background that may or may not be relevant:

This is a dedicated host running Windows 2000 SP4 server, Apache 2.2.8, PHP 5.2.5, mySQL 5.0.37. Apache is running in SSL mode and we have a valid cert from Comodo. I don\'t know if SSL is relevant or not to the solution, but I\'m not planning on using this component if it\'s not working via SSL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Post-Installation Issues 16 years 2 days ago #1332

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey, go to this post and download the attached file. It will address your weird character issue:

http://www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=73&func=view&id=545&catid=2

If you are getting the blank screen with auth.net, I will assume you are hosted with GoDaddy. Is that correct? Commenting out the lines as detailed in the post you mentioned should correct this. If it does not, please check that the CURL library is installed on your hosting account. This is required. Thanks.

[SOLVED] Post-Installation Issues 15 years 11 months ago #1377

• phufford
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
This is not hosted through GoDaddy, we\'re running our own server that I have physical access too. I\'ll check to make sure the CURL library is installed on the server and thanks for the download link.

EDIT: CURL was not turned on properly in PHP. I don\'t know how I screwed it up, but I did. CURL is properly turned on now.

Now when I try to run a donation I get to a page that has two hard rules and a \"Try Again\" button. Is the form very specific about how the information is entered? After playing with what I entered slightly it all went through. :/

[SOLVED] Post-Installation Issues 15 years 11 months ago #1382

• phufford
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay,I got everything working yesterday afternoon. CURL wasn\'t installed properly. Apparently there is no hp_curl.dll extension. I need to learn how to only delete ;\'s ;). I used to have trouble with ;\'s in programming classes in college too, just in the typing of them :/.

Next I figured out the what was going on with the retry thing. I was using my new address instead of the one still attached to the credit card. The CC company is aware of my new adress, but it\'s not the primary address so Authorize.net was rejecting the transaction and sending me to the aforementioned retry page. As soon as I put in the primary CC address everything went through without issue.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds