Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Custom Field not showing values from conditional field

New Custom Field not showing values from conditional field 14 years 2 hours ago #7658

• mkinsey
  • mkinsey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have upgraded to 2.6.6d and am trying to set up conditional fields. I checked the configuration settings and resaved them. I opened all custom fields and resaved them. I also opened the event and updated it.

I have a Custom Drop Down field called Division with options A-I
I want to create a conditional custom drop down field for Division A that is conditional upon them selecting A from the Division Field and then offers them a list of Areas to choose from.
Division field works great
Division A field is set up, except that when I select the Conditional Field, it does not give me the values from that field to choose from as the tool tip says it will. Did I miss a setting or step? I cannot find anything in the forums about this issue.

I am running Joomla 1.5.17 and using Firefox.
The site is toastmastersd47.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Custom Field not showing values from conditional field 13 years 11 months ago #7661

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Most likely you have selection limits set incorrectly. Please watch the new custom fields video tutorials... especially the one (in this case) on Selection Fields, then also the Conditional Fields video.

New Custom Field not showing values from conditional field 11 years 10 months ago #18078

• dmittleman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This was really a chase trying to find the answer to this question and took quite a while. The only place we found with this information was in the last minute of the tutorial video on conditional fields in which the narrator says that it was a deliberate choice not to show these fields so that the list wasn't too long.

While that's fine, there is a lot that can be done to make this clearer. At the top of the fields tab under an event it reads "All of your fields will show below." But from this situation, we know that's not true. Therefore, a simple note saying that conditional fields will not be displayed but instead will show automatically on the form if the parent selection is made would save hours of time for those stuck on this.

Also, when editing those fields themselves, there is a standard radio option for how to show this but based on the video and on testing, it seems that this is automatically showing regardless of what you choose. This confuses things so that show option shouldn't be there.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds