• Page:

TOPIC: Inserting a textual field tag in an email

Inserting a textual field tag in an email 11 years 6 months ago #18914

• CAPACOA
  • CAPACOA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I created a few conditional textual fields to provide my users with specific additional information based on their registration choices. I was hoping to insert these fields in my confirmation email in order to provide greater clarity and accuracy in my emails. However, these textual fields do not display in the email. Is there any other way to achieve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Inserting a textual field tag in an email 11 years 6 months ago #18918

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
If you assign the textual field to be included in the [ALL_FIELDS] tag, you will see it included in the emails. Presently, textual fields do not support individual email placement from their email tags. We'd have to modify this.

Inserting a textual field tag in an email 11 years 6 months ago #18973

• chrisc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I want to achieve the same thing. The thank you email is set up as a tax receipt and I want to display the address of the registrant. A few fields have been created such as phone, city, state, zipcode... You say (dtadmin) that there is no support for individual email tags, but [PHONE], [CITY], [STATE] work fine. On the contrary [ZIP] and an other custom field are not showing up individually. They are showing up as part off the [ALL_FIELDS] tag but that's not what I try to achieve.
Do you know what can be the difference between fields which display and fields who don't? Sorry if this is a dummy Joomla question, I'm new to the CMS.

Thanks,
Chris

Inserting a textual field tag in an email 11 years 6 months ago #18974

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Chris, obviously you can insert individual field data with tags. That is clear. What I said in the previous post was that TEXTUAL fields (specifically, no other types) do not presently support individual tag usage. We'll address this for a future update. Hopefully the next one :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds