• Page:

TOPIC: DTR, SSL & VM

DTR, SSL & VM 11 years 6 months ago #18902

• Hammerhead
  • Hammerhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I stumbled across the SSL thread (as linked below) and read it with interest. Do I take it correctly, then, that we can use DTR with that adaptation to route registration payments through the VirtueMart install instead of having DTR handle them independently?

I'm asking as a tangent to the question I posed regarding First Data. My client has VM installed and already has previously paid to have it coded to support the FD gateway as opposed to Authorize.net, so if this will accomplish the same thing, I can get the project moving along.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=91&jfile=viewtopic.php&f=16&t=1682

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DTR, SSL & VM 11 years 6 months ago #18903

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
No, you misunderstood. Nowhere has it ever been stated that you could use Virtuemart to process payments for DT Register transactions. It's actually stated in various threads that you can NOT do that. We have no plans to ever connect to VM either as it's not a well-built extension that does nothing but cause headaches usually when loaded on a site. Sorry if that sounds like a vent... just personal experience I guess :)

Anyway, simple answer is no. That SSL thread was just giving code to force DT Register to use a secure URL and VM at the same time.

DTR, SSL & VM 11 years 6 months ago #18904

• Hammerhead
  • Hammerhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, fair enough. Looking forward to a reply to my support ticket. Thanks!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds