Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Table Crash?

[SOLVED] Table Crash? 11 years 9 months ago #18293

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
This is what I was afraid of :) DT Register 2.5.x is pretty ancient stuff and is light years behind the current package. Back then, the connection with JEvents was required. Since version 2.7.0 (Nov. 2010), that is no longer the case. You still have the OPTION to sync with JEvents, but it's not necessary, and also not really recommended.

So you didn't read the upgrade instructions after all :) No worries... since you have a backup and all. You would need to upgrade 2.5 first to 2.6.9 following the instructions in the package. THEN you'd run a MIGRATION from 2.6 to 2.7 which is a bit of a task, but will pull your old data into the new and much changed structure. This CAN be done, but as you asked, yes it would be much easier to start with a clean slate if you don't really need the old data.

- Uninstall DT Register
- Manually drop all "dtregister" database tables from your database
- Reinstall the current version. Clean slate.

Unless you really want or need JEvents for some other reason, just get rid of it altogether. You don't need it now. If you need a calendar view, DT Reg has that built in now. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Table Crash? 11 years 9 months ago #18295

• Mike Smart
  • Mike Smart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the help. I've discovered a couple of other issues with the backups that will make the deletion and installing clean a better option in any case.

By the way, I actually did read the upgrade instructions, just not very well. :) I missed the paragraph at the bottom about the JEvents syncing, which is what messed me up, I imagine. I also might have missed the two-step upgrade path for the older version, too, which I'm kicking myself for not getting right.

But in any case, thanks for the help and sorry that my lack of skill created a support request for you. If it's okay, I might post back here if I have trouble finding the right database files to drop. They should just be in the main database and I can drop them via CPanel, correct?

[SOLVED] Table Crash? 11 years 9 months ago #18298

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
No worries! Simple to know which database tables to drop. Just go in via phpMyAdmin (or whatever tool you have with your host) and when you see the list of all the db tables for your Joomla site, just select and drop each one that contains "dtregister" towards the front of the table name. As old as your data is, you'll probably also have a "jos_event_waiting" table. Drop that one too. Of course, the "jos_" may be different in your database.

[SOLVED] Table Crash? 11 years 9 months ago #18299

• Mike Smart
  • Mike Smart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks! I'll post one final time once I get it all complete.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds