Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Hit next dumps you back to event list page

[SOLVED] Hit next dumps you back to event list page 11 years 9 months ago #18179

• mpausch
  • mpausch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A user registers, goes to the confirmation page, then hits next. The user then gets dumped back to the events list page. After MUCH testing this is what I've found...

happens in both IE and FF
happens with cookies enabled or disabled
happens with popup blocker enabled or disabled
happens with antivirus disabled
happens with windows firewall disabled

This happens for a user who is sitting in front of their computer and registering. If a user is remoted into another users computer (we used Go To Meeting) then it works.

I was working on my clients computer via Go To Meeting and it worked for me EVERY time. When I had the client do it locally while i watched it never worked.

I had another user do the same thing. On his computer it never works then I had him use Go To Meeting and connect to the same test computer. It worked for him every time using Go To Meeting. Then he also had the local user try it and it never worked.

Any ideas anyone???

By the way, when I register on my computer it works with IE8 and FF.

Is it some setting on the computer, firewall, browser??? Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by mpausch.

[SOLVED] Hit next dumps you back to event list page 11 years 9 months ago #18180

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Based on the fact that your license is nearly a year old... the first question I have to ask is what version are you running? The logical first step is to update to the current version (if needed) to see if that resolves any odd type of behavior.

Start there. If you have this issue with the latest version, submit a ticket and we'll check a few things on your site to see if anything else jumps out. Otherwise, this could be a guessing game really... as there are no other reports of this and as it is clearly just affecting one particular user, that is just about impossible for us to test and troubleshoot their local system.

Are they using updated versions of the browsers?

[SOLVED] Hit next dumps you back to event list page 11 years 9 months ago #18212

• mpausch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi admin, thanks for the reply. Sounds good. I'll update then see what happens.

Actually its multiple users, clients are reporting this problem and users at the business are too. I've seen it myself.

All browsers IE and FF were up to date. I'll try the latest verstion and make sure all windows updates have been applied then see what happens.

I'll post another reply either way.

thanks again.
-mp

[SOLVED] Hit next dumps you back to event list page 11 years 9 months ago #18256

• mpausch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I just got finished installing the latest version
Installed Version: 2.7.18a

The problem still is happening as described in my original post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-michael

[SOLVED] Hit next dumps you back to event list page 11 years 9 months ago #18337

• sacwebmaster
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
We've been having this same problem since we first loaded version 2.7. Did not experience before the 2.7 version. It effects about 10% of our registrants and does not occur everytime they attempt to register. Usually if they return a few hours later, they are able to register.

[SOLVED] Hit next dumps you back to event list page 11 years 9 months ago #18338

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
mpaush, this type of problem is NOT a general, global bug. We hear of an issue like this very rarely, and it's always been due to something specific in the site. For something like this, you should submit a support ticket with access to your site, how to replicate the issue, and we'll check it out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds