TOPIC: Enabling Barcodes usage on the Site

Enabling Barcodes usage on the Site 12 years 10 months ago #13843

• atillakocsis
  • atillakocsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
HI
I have read over most of the manual and many forum posts to try and find out how my barcode is supposed work with the system, but I havent found any instructions. I just can't figure out why give the system the ability to make a barcode but no way to use it.

Please correct me someone if I am wrong. But that does appear to be the situation.

So my small team is trying to figure out how to get it to work. We think that if you take the DT Register > Records screen, and enable the Search text box to search the Confirmation Number table. Then when you use a scanner to scan a code in, it would fill in that blank, you hit enter and it would search the records for a match. Since the code is unique it should match to only one person. Then you can just click, Attended column and cross them off.

So we are thinking that we can go into the code and find where the search box lists the tables it is searching. Then adding the Confirmation Number table to it. Does this sound feasible? Does anyone have any idea where we can find this element? Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Atilla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Enabling Barcodes usage on the Site 12 years 10 months ago #13868

• Ginjg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The barcodes are available because many of us repeatedly requested them. Since then the techs have been furiously working on fine tuning the 2.7 series which was a major upgrade.
Now that most smart phones have scanning capability and v 2.7 has become more mature, I'm hoping that they may find a bit of time this year to develop a scanning interface hooked to the database.

Or perhaps one of our more skilled fellow users could look at how the open source fusionticket project implements barcode scanning checkin and build an add-on interface.

Enabling Barcodes usage on the Site 12 years 10 months ago #13871

• atillakocsis
  • atillakocsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We need to come up with a solution so we will be working on this and when we are done we will try and figure out how to share it with everyone.

We may also just get a module that does barcodes and integrate it in separately. I will post info back here as we move forward.

Enabling Barcodes usage on the Site 12 years 10 months ago #13922

• sfsailing
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
does anyone here have any experience with scanning barcodes and spitting out a #
perhaps a small script could query the system for existance of that # in mysql and return a yes/no, that would at least allow a small step forward.

Enabling Barcodes usage on the Site 12 years 10 months ago #13926

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Guys, we have intentions of developing a smartphone app to tie in with DT Register... for the main purpose of onsite check-in with barcode scanning. Once our Joomla 1.6 version is done, we should be starting on this.

Enabling Barcodes usage on the Site 12 years 10 months ago #13927

• JosB
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Great news! Keep up the good work!

Regards, Jos

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds