• Page:

TOPIC: Group registration email fields

Group registration email fields 13 years 4 months ago #10572

• magicdanw
  • magicdanw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm looking for an elegant way to handle group registrations in regards to email fields.

I want to be able to take the email addresses of group members, and have them received the mass emails sent out from the control panel. I also want that field to be optional, so that if one group member doesn't have an email address, that's okay.

However, that field also has to show up under billing information as mandatory, so that the "billing" email address received the confirmation letter, as does an individual registering.

Is there a way to have multiple email fields that can all be used when sending out a mass email? Or to have a field be mandatory for billing information, but not mandatory for group members?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Group registration email fields 13 years 4 months ago #10579

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Currently, the mass email feature doesn't support sending to all group members. We'll be adding that feature option and others to the email function... hopefully soon.

The only way to have email optional for members and required for billing is to create an additional email field... which IS an option when creating new fields. I'd suggest using the original email field for billing then a new one for members. Thanks!

Group registration email fields 10 years 11 months ago #20630

• chrisw01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Any progress on this? I'm OK with this as a work-around for now, but expanding it could get cumbersome.

While it clearly is an issue with email, I'd like to be able to do this for email and other fields as well (making them required for billing info and optional for members in a group registration). The next most import example is a phone number.

Any possibilities or updates would be appreciate.

Group registration email fields 10 years 11 months ago #20636

• chrisw01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
...Actually, now that I've played with this a little more, I actually kind of like things the way they are. :)

Having a separate email field that can be made optional allows me to collect billing contact emails separately from member emails should the need arise for reporting purposes.

This might just outweigh the immediate downside of managing multiple fields. Otherwise, you would have to generate a more complex query to generate essentially the same information (to separate billing emails from member emails).

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds