• Page:

TOPIC: Multiple Installations

Multiple Installations 14 years 11 months ago #4309

• harlem
  • harlem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is it possible to have multiple installations of DT Donate on one site? I've been trying some finding/replacing but I'm not having much luck. Has anyone done this before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multiple Installations 14 years 11 months ago #4310

• laurelbowen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried but was unsuccessful. The client wanted two separate pages with different types of donations (an auction vs. standard donations).

Multiple Installations 14 years 11 months ago #4313

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. It is impossible to have ANY joomla component installed more than once. The only way to accomplish it is to make a copy version which would require another set of database tables renamed, then modifying all db references in every file to access to 2nd set of db tables. Basically you need two of every file and db table, renamed so they do not conflict. If joomla sees that it is already installed, it will not allow you to install it a 2nd time if everything is identical. follow? Thanks.

Multiple Installations 14 years 11 months ago #4315

• harlem
  • harlem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Follow I do. I tried making those changes in a copy of the dtdonate zip file (I unzipped it, did find and replace on /com_dtdonate/ and the donate tables and on the mysql table creation files and and then zipped it back up and tried to install it but it throws some error like "badly formed xml file" and kills the install. So I'm clearly missing something. I was just wondering if anybody had a step-by-step to duplicate the component correctly as my client needs the dtdonate form to do two separate things that don't really mesh in one instance of the form. I did manage to get the tables duplicated and then I updated jos_components so it would have records pointing at the new tables so I've got DT Donate 2 showing under the components menu in the admin section but any attempt to follow those links just gives me a page can't be found error so I'm clearly missing something. Alas. I think I'll throw the towel in on this one.

Multiple Installations 14 years 11 months ago #4331

• thirdsun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I think the possibility to have more than one donation page would be a great addition to this component. I've had many requests for it from clients.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.574 seconds