TOPIC: No collection of data in backend

No collection of data in backend 15 years 4 months ago #3056

• wrw28
  • wrw28's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi:

I am using Joomla 1.58 and the latest verision of DT Donate. I have it setup to use the Paypal sandbox. All works fine on the front end. Click paypal radio button, put donation amount in and hit button. Processes through paypal and returns to my site showing the amount of the donation on the frontend. BUT when I log in to the backend the amount for the donation is recorded as 0. Any hints as to the problem? I bought this module for this particular feature.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No collection of data in backend 15 years 4 months ago #3057

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Run a live donation and all should be fine. Test mode will not give full functionality. It is basically to make sure you are communicating with the payment gateway.

No collection of data in backend 15 years 4 months ago #3066

• wrw28
  • wrw28's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
That is odd, because it seemed to work when I used it w/Joomla 1.5.6, but now with 1.58 it no longer works. Additionally it is returning the sum back to the website, but not recording it in the backend. At that point I would think it has nothing to do with the paypal gateway, since the data is already received.

I really want to be able to demo this functionality to the client before going live. Is there anyway to get it working w/out taking an actual payment?

No collection of data in backend 15 years 4 months ago #3067

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
If you want to do a TRUE test to make sure it is working, you should run a live transaction. It is very easy to refund the paypal transaction. Log into the receiving paypal account and refund that payment. If you do it right away, it will probably never even show on your credit card statement as charges generally just process the end of each day. If things don\'t work correctly on a real transaction, then submit a support ticket and we\'ll check it out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds