Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Using paypal when clicking next goes to blank page

[SOLVED] Using paypal when clicking next goes to blank page 12 years 1 week ago #17361

• actvtec
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Same issue with 2.3.0a on Joomla 1.5.25 also. Submitted a ticket today, but I have 2 prior tickets which are not answered for 3 weeks already so..
The first time reinstalling the component solved the problem but now it happened again so I'm not gonna reinstall, the problem has to be fixed otherwise it will return again when the site already is live.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Using paypal when clicking next goes to blank page 12 years 1 week ago #17362

• amy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I found the problem which I notified them trough the ticket system.

It looks like this has something to do with the Captcha which I currently have disabled in the dt donate configuration. When I enable Captcha (which I do not want to do since donations are for registered users) things work fine.

The problem seems to happen on line 136 of the paypal.php file found in the models directory. The line is:
if (isset($_SESSION['register']['secCheck']) && $_SESSION['register']['secCheck'] == 1) {

A temp fix for the problem is on line 135 add:
$_SESSION['register']['secCheck'] = 1;

[SOLVED] Using paypal when clicking next goes to blank page 12 years 1 week ago #17363

• actvtec
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I have it with captcha disabled. Is your fix for captcha enabled or if its disabled I should still apply this fix in order for it to work?

Ok I got it working with your fix thank you very much! Did you have the time to understand the $_SESSION variable and where it should come from?

[SOLVED] Using paypal when clicking next goes to blank page 12 years 1 week ago #17365

• amy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The fix is for captcha when it is disabled. If you have captcha enabled then you do not need this.

The $_SESSION is set to 1 by CAPTCHA if the user enters the correct code. The problem is that it obviously doesn't take the admin settting for disabling the captcha into account. I didn't have time to fix the root problem. My solution only bypasses the check.

[SOLVED] Using paypal when clicking next goes to blank page 12 years 1 week ago #17366

• actvtec
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I get the logic, thanks. Just wanted to make sure that there won't be some negative consequences of this. It seem that there won't be any problems, thanks again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds