• Page:

TOPIC: Recurring events

Recurring events 15 years 6 months ago #2458

• edweill
  • edweill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My club has a recurring meeting (monthly) with a dinner. I have set up JEvents to use a repeat for the meetings and dinners(n* per week (Thu) week 2).

I would like people to be able to register for the different dates and know which one they were registering for. When the registration comes through it just shows the event title, but no event date info.

It would also be nice to enable a paypal subscription monthly payment for my members (our paypal account is listed as a business, so this is allowed from their end).

How can I do any/all of this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recurring events 15 years 6 months ago #2485

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Currently DT Register does not support recurring events, which is stated in various places. We are looking to improve on this soon, but for now, this is how it works. You\'ll need to create individual events in JEvents for each occurrence of your event. Thanks.

Recurring events 14 years 10 months ago #4431

• thefami
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

According to this thread in october of last year handling recurring events as per JEvents was being considered for a future release. Is this functionality now available in the latest release of DTRegister? I have two sets of recurring events... one every Saturday and another every Tuesday. That's about 100 events a year for this one program and it would be convenient if we did not have to define each event separately. As an alternate even being able to clone an event would simplify the process.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Recurring events 14 years 10 months ago #4440

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
thefami - Not yet, but hopefully not much longer. We have a few new enhancements in development right now which are fabulous... recurring support is in the pipeline, just a little under the priority of the current items we're working on. Stay tuned...

Recurring events 14 years 4 months ago #5330

• stevengraff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Aside from a recurring function not existing, edweill points out in his original post that the event registrations are indistinguishable from one another. Is there any way to autopopulate the date into the event's description field? As a workaround?

Recurring events 14 years 4 months ago #5332

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
steven - you are referring to a post that is over one year old. Saying events are indistinguishable is not true at all. By default, the date of each event shows everywhere right next to the event name. You can turn this off in the config, but it is there by default.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds