Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting message update available also registrants not getting email

Getting message update available also registrants not getting email 6 years 8 months ago #27079

• Alaskan
  • Alaskan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Updated DT Register a day ago and today get message in Joomla update available. In Control Panel shows 3.2.3a installed. Updated message says update to 3.2.3 available. Weird. Automatic update, even with license info filled in does not work within Joomla nor does clicking the link in update go to DT site. So, I went to DT site manually, logged in, downloaded component and installed to update. Still shows 3.2.3a installed and still get prompt for update (to 3.2.3).
Other issue seems to be that registrants for an event I am testing are not getting email confirmation but the admin email comes in very soon after registering. Tried a few times and admin emails come in but the email to the person registering with the email they type into the form doesn't seem to be working as haven't received those emails. (Tried a few different emails.)
Any idea on these issues, Nathan? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Getting message update available also registrants not getting email 6 years 8 months ago #27081

• jalgarra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I am also getting this same issue with trying to update. It says it updated successfully but still says 2.3a and then still says the update is needed when on the control panel page of Joomla.

Getting message update available also registrants not getting email 6 years 8 months ago #27082

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Current build is 3.2.3a. We'll look into why the control panel still says there's an update. You have the latest in place though so just ignore that for now.

Regarding your emails... the email function is clearly running as you're getting the admin email. This is most likely due to some mail server related issue. Also, are you using the default "email" field for the registrant's or a field you created? You must use the default field.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Getting message update available also registrants not getting email 6 years 8 months ago #27086

• Alaskan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Nathan,
Thanks for the reply.
This particular event was set up for pay later and pending registration. Does the component not send an email to the registrant in this case? We have another event people are registering for and they are getting the confirmation email with that event. It made me wonder if the pay later/pending vs. active had anything to do with if a registrant confirmation email is sent or not? I think the default email field is being used; how can I tell for sure?

nathan.dth wrote: Current build is 3.2.3a. We'll look into why the control panel still says there's an update. You have the latest in place though so just ignore that for now.

Regarding your emails... the email function is clearly running as you're getting the admin email. This is most likely due to some mail server related issue. Also, are you using the default "email" field for the registrant's or a field you created? You must use the default field.

Last Edit: by Alaskan. Reason: typo

Getting message update available also registrants not getting email 6 years 8 months ago #27087

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
The payment method has absolutely nothing to do with emails being sent or not.

You can see which fields are enabled on the fields tab. The default email field would be the one amongst the other core fields.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Getting message update available also registrants not getting email 6 years 8 months ago #27088

• Alaskan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

nathan.dth wrote: The payment method has absolutely nothing to do with emails being sent or not.

You can see which fields are enabled on the fields tab. The default email field would be the one amongst the other core fields.

Thank you. I have submitted a ticket about this email issue. The admin notification emails for this new event seem to be working fine but the registrant confirmation emails do not seem to be working. I am not sure what is wrong. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds