• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Permissions Not Working

[SOLVED] Permissions Not Working 9 years 5 months ago #23926

• Hammerhead
  • Hammerhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Nathan, maybe I'm missing something here, but setting a menu item for DTR to access registration records is tantamount to making someone a 'manager' and somewhat defeats the purpose in a couple ways.

We want to be able to allow individual hosts to see only their events, but none of the others, while preventing them from performing other functions on the site. It would get increasingly complicated to instruct neophyte site owners on how to change access levels for 3rd party users in Joomla in addition to managing access in DTR.

Specifically, we have a separate menu with links for various site maintenance functions for the client to use, such as accessing Kunena and AEC which we want only the site owner and his admin staff to see. But third party contacts who host events and are responsible for promoting them need to see who's registered and paid, and so on. If I give them 'manager' (special) access to that item, I give them access to mucking around with other site functions, a dangerous proposition.

Any help you can offer to get this sorted would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Hammerhead.

[SOLVED] Permissions Not Working 9 years 2 months ago #24129

• Hammerhead
  • Hammerhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Just wanted to revisit this, because it is NOT solved.

We need to give registered users who we designate as event managers the ability to access registration records and send update emails to ONLY their events, WITHOUT having to change their Joomla permission level to anything above 'Registered'.

Please advise?

Thanks!

Last Edit: by Hammerhead.

[SOLVED] Permissions Not Working 9 years 1 month ago #24235

• stelfair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
You won't be able to do that without changing their permissions. You can create a new permission on the same level as Registered but give them access to that menu item.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds