Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Jevents - What am I missing here?

Jevents - What am I missing here? 9 years 6 months ago #23782

• Hammerhead
  • Hammerhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to get DTR events to display in Jevents rather than the native DTR module, but I just can't seem to figure out how to get that to happen. There doesn't seem to be any tutorial specifically on this subject. Otherwise, everything else works great. Can anyone help?

Joomla 2.5.24
DTR 2.8.13
Jevents 3.1.30

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Hammerhead.

Jevents - What am I missing here? 9 years 6 months ago #23783

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
If you choose to sync with JEvents (not usually the best option... but it's there), you have to create the events FIRST in JEvents. It will not pull anything FROM DT Register.
  1. Create the event in JEvents. This can not be a repeating event.
  2. Go to DT Reg to create a new event. For event type, select "JEvents Sync". This will give a dropdown to select available events from JEvents. Select the desired one.
  3. Event title, date and time will be populated from JEvents and unable to be changed within DT Reg. Everything else has to be configured still in DT Reg for the registration elements.
  4. Make sure the JEvents Update and EventLink plugins are installed AND enabled.
  5. The event detail view in the JEvents calendar will include a Register button automatically from the EventLink plugin when the sync has been setup.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Jevents - What am I missing here? 9 years 6 months ago #23784

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Ah. OK, that explains it. I had it bass-ackwards, thinking the population went from DTR to Jevents. Thanks for the clarification!

Jevents - What am I missing here? 9 years 6 months ago #23790

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Just to revisit this for a second, I'm wondering if the DTR Google Calendar plugin might do the trick.

We're trying to integrate a display of both DT Register events AND selected schedule items for a client so that his customers will know which seminars he's at, so that they can meet for networking opportunities.

It was my hope that we could use JEvents as the target to display both Google Calendar and (since the DTR/Jevents is only 'one way'), I was wondering if iit would be possible to use the DTR events to publish via the Google plugin. In other words, we want one display from two different sources, but with the ability for clients to click through to a DT registration item.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish that, or are we screwed?

Jevents - What am I missing here? 9 years 6 months ago #23795

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
We have two plugins that tie to Google Calendar. An IMPORT and an EXPORT. The export adds a button where you can manually export select events to be added to your Google Calendar. However, displaying the Google Calendar is not what you want as there will be automated way to have a registration button from the Google Calendar to take someone to DT Reg.

You need to use the DT Reg calendar for your display so the registration links are covered. THEN use our ICS Import plugin to pull events into DT Reg FROM Google Calendar. With Google Cal, you can have an automated events import setup that works from a cron job.... so it will automatically stay updated having Google Cal events added to DT Reg. Now note that those events would have registration capability once imported. If you don't want/need that, you'd have to go into DT Reg and edit that imported event to disable the registration functionality. Simple, but that would be a manual item.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Jevents - What am I missing here? 9 years 6 months ago #23801

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, sounds like the plugin to import from Google is what we need. One thing, though. I watched your install/config video and it stated that the events would by default NOT be published. I take it that can be changed to automatically publish an event that's imported, yes?

Thanks in advance!

• Page:
Time to create page: 5.122 seconds