• Page:

TOPIC: Add Fees

Add Fees 16 years 1 month ago #793

• janicekap
  • janicekap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there a way to add processing fees to a persons donation. For example if someone donates $100 can you add a percentage to cover processing fees? Like maybe 5% and then the total would be $105. Janice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Add Fees 16 years 1 month ago #794

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Janice, the next release of DT Donate will have this feature. It will be out within a few days. Thanks.

Add Fees 16 years 1 month ago #795

• janicekap
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for responding. Ultimately, I would like to have 2 options available...a percentage, a flat fee, and both at the same time. Or possibly a percentage based on the dollar amount of the donation. Similar to setting up shipping fees. Something like: $50-$75 10% fee $75.01-$125 9% fee $125.01-$200 8% fee Just some thoughts. I kind of hate to charge a flat percentage, because then those that donate more get charged too much. But a percentage has to be in there somewhere to make sure the merchant processing fees are cover. Realistically do you think it will be ready in a few days. Unfortunately, I needed this up last weekend. Isn't that always the case! If not, I may have to look for something else. Thanks, Janice

Add Fees 16 years 1 month ago #796

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
We just release version 2.1.3 of DT Donate and the Convenience Fee capability is a part of it! I hope it is helpful to you.

Add Fees 16 years 1 month ago #797

• janicekap
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you! I'm sorry...but I am still not sure if this will work for our purposes. Can you tell me if it is set up as a percentage of the donation or do you enter a flat fee? If it is a percentage, is it possible to decrease the percentage on higher donation amounts? Similar to shopping cart shipping. Example: $10-$50 10% fee $50.01-$100 9% fee 100.01-$200 8% fee Thanks, Janice

Add Fees 16 years 1 month ago #798

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The convenience fee can be set as a flat $ amount OR a % percentage. It does not change based upon the donation amount. The purpose that users were inquiring about for using this feature was to help cover merchant account fees. Your transaction fees are not based upon the amount of the transaction... you pay the same percentage whether the transaction is $5 or $5000. With this in mind, we did not see a need to making this convenience fee scalable. I suppose if enough people thought that would be helpful, we would consider modifying it. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.324 seconds