• Page:

TOPIC: New modifications in the works

New modifications in the works 16 years 10 months ago #102

• dthadmin
  • dthadmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
We are currently working on implementing PayPal into DT Donate so users have both options for payment... paypal or straight credit card through your Authorize.net account. We are also working to fix the recurring payment feature so that will work as well. Watch here for updates!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New modifications in the works 16 years 10 months ago #103

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
(i hope you can understand me, english is not my native languague) Hello there, ;) Excellent news guys!!!. I put in other post other few features which can help you to improve this component, mainly respect how can have the chance for the donors choose the project which they want support .... I was propossing you link it with the contents, where we can have a cathegory of projects. How many no profit organization would be happy with this and other features !!!! A hug Gonzalo Ibarra [url=http://www.gonzaloibarra.com:q7v9cwni]www.gonzaloibarra.com[/url]

New modifications in the works 16 years 9 months ago #104

• conticreative
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Do you mean that recurring payment is not working at the moment? Should I take it off the form for the time being?

New modifications in the works 16 years 9 months ago #105

• dthadmin
  • dthadmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
The modifications are coming along. We had some delays in not having the time to dive into them right away, but it's moving along now. We are hoping within 2 weeks to release the new version of DT Donate that will include these main updates: - improved transaction result reporting for when the transaction fails, so details are provided to show why. - PayPal inclusion so you can pay with either auth.net or PayPal. - Recurring donation functionality as it currently does not work - Inclusion of a CSS file to enable users to easily modify the appearance of the form. - rewrite of the code to clean it up. Multiple people have worked on this code which has made it messy. We know. Hang tight as an updated and much improved DT Donate is on the way!

New modifications in the works 16 years 9 months ago #106

• conticreative
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I wanted to make a suggestion in regard to CSS and Javascript on the new component. Many Joomla components write by default inline CSS and JS and I usually have to modify the code so that I can have my pages validate. While I understand the reasoning behind placing the CSS and JS in the <body> tag, it would be nice to give instructions and a clear path to move both the CSS and JS off the page and into a separate file. While many users will not have the skills to actually implement this, others, like me, would appreciate it very much. Basically it involved moving the JS to a separate file and placing the <script> call in the header and moving the CSS to the template_css.css file (or other css file as it may be: all my forms are controlled by a template_form.css file I create). I know this would be yet anothe "to do" in what is probably already a long list but, along with using proper markup for the forms (<fieldset> <label for="></label>), it would help those that have to deliver accessible and validating code. Again, if manpower is an issue for you guys, feel free to ask some of your users to pitch in. Regardless of the opinion you probably have formed of threough my posts, I do want to help making any joomla component as good as it can be, for myself and the community at large. Incidentally, I am not even against paying for "open source" software, as I am all too aware of how much time it takes to code and troubleshoot the work.

New modifications in the works 16 years 8 months ago #107

• jwood700
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys good day, so i have both reg & donate installed and working. the problem i am having is an event that doesnt cost anything or doesnt require registration. I know you guys are working on this for your next release possible. I was wondering if you could help me with an if statement in PHP. I was thinking if i just included and if statement in the events.html.php from jevents basically saying to the fact if there is a record in dtregister_group_event? to show the URL that would be an easy work around for now. Your help would be much apprecated.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds