• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Difficulty with setting up raffle tickets

[SOLVED] Difficulty with setting up raffle tickets 11 years 9 months ago #18191

• tedzilla99
  • tedzilla99's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I'm brand new to the extension and love it!

My difficulty:

The foundation wants to sell tickets to the event, with the option to sponsor a full table or half table. No problem, got that done.

They also are selling raffle tickets, separately, single tix are $25, 6 for $100. I do not see how I can do a numerical selection which will calculate the raffle ticket price. My thought was a choice for single tix = amount x cost and then a choice for 6packs = amount of 6packs x cost. I can't figure out how to do that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Difficulty with setting up raffle tickets 11 years 9 months ago #18194

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello! You can certainly accomplish this and you're on the right thought track. Create a selection field with whatever raffle ticket numbers are needed, and assign a price (fee) value to each option. Then based on the selected number, the appropriate fee will be added.

See this video tutorial as it will explain this in more detail and give examples too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuB1qwx4pJo&lr

[SOLVED] Difficulty with setting up raffle tickets 11 years 9 months ago #18195

• tedzilla99
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the reply! I did already view that video, it's great, but if I understand correctly I would have to set up a number of choices in a dropdown but not have a field where I can enter any number and calculate the cost?

[SOLVED] Difficulty with setting up raffle tickets 11 years 9 months ago #18197

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Correct. Now, I'm not sure if your raffle ticket sales are an event in itself or part of another event.

ONE:

If you have an event where raffle tickets are an optional item that you can add on to the registration, then you need to the selection field as described already... by giving selection options.

TWO:

Now, if the raffle ticket sale IS the event... then you can use group registration pricing. Here the user would enter how many are in the group, and you give pricing for groups based on the number of members (or tickets)... and can set as many group pricing levels as needed.

So, two ways to accomplish what you need... just have to determine which makes the most sense for you.

[SOLVED] Difficulty with setting up raffle tickets 11 years 9 months ago #18200

• tedzilla99
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi again

The raffle is part of the event, yes. There's really no limit on how many tickets someone could buy, theoretically, although at $25 it probably will be limited.

Is there a way to use the main event functionality within another event, so that someone could select 2 or 5 or 39 tickets and get charged accordingly, rather than set up a very long dropdown?

[SOLVED] Difficulty with setting up raffle tickets 11 years 9 months ago #18202

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You can not setup an event within an event... however, you might consider creating a separate event for the raffle and use the multiple event cart feature so a user could register for both. You could also setup the main event as a prerequisite event to the raffle event... so the user can't do the raffle without also being registered for the main event. Note that using a prerequisite would cause the raffle event to require a login to register for it. Not sure if you are using logins or not.

Just a couple options to consider!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.898 seconds