I updated my ticket on this - fortunately, I have not updated DT Register on most of my sites, but on 3-4 of them, this is becoming a major issue.
I downloaded it again just now in hopes that a fix might have been deployed, but apparently not.
I'm opening and saving the Configuration, Permissions, and the open events - I understand that's supposed to be part of the process of updating, but it's not fixing this for group registrations with a Pay Later option - it seems the PayPal option is not producing the error:
Event Registration: Payment
The scenario below appears to be browser specific.
It happens as described below using a Chrome browser on a Windows 10 machine.
It does NOT happen using Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
It does NOT happen using Dolphin browser or Safari on IOS 11.4.
That's a relief. Not sure what it is about Chrome.
I installed the update and group registrations are still not working.
- When doing a group registration, I enter the information for person 1, click the link to add the next person, and it prompts me to enter the information for person 1. I can 't every get past person 1.
- Now, the prices are completely hosed. I have a drop-down menu for ticket type, which determines the price. Selecting "Groupon" should reduce the fee to $0. It does initially, but after clicking Next Step, to adds the full price ticket back into the registration. Also, entering a discount code that reduces the price to zero has the same effect: still charges the full fee. This is occurring even in individual registrations.
Clearly, the new "feature" associated with the "Registration Data is Being Submitted" function is the problem.
Question: Can I revert to a version before 3.3.0? I'm guessing not, because of the database change in 3.3.0.
It's now more than a week that the trashed code has prevented people from registering. That has a direct impact on my business' ability to function. It was working fine before. How much more money must I lose before this gets fixed?
Test it yourself:
Click on the link for Calendar of Classes
Select a painting scheduled for a future date
Select the link to Register at the bottom of the event description page
Select the option to register a group
Member 1 Information:
- Leave Discount Code empty
- Select ticket type: Groupon
- In the box that appears, enter Test
- This should reduce the price to $0
- Where did you hear about us? Select: Groupon
- Enter first and last names in those field
- In the Notes field, enter any text you want
- Click Add Member
Notice the result:
Your total Registration cost: $ 45.00
Member 1 Information
That cost should be $0
The member number should now be 2
The number of available seats did not subtract one
Just for the heck of it, fill out the information again at this screen and click Add Member
Result: Same as above. Unable to add more than one person, and price is incorrect.