For those that are newer to Joomla and need help getting to view DT Register on the frontend of the website after getting everything set up... You need to create a component menu item. Here's how to do this in Joomla 1.5:
1) Go to Menus -> Main Menu (or whichever menu you want to add the new item to)
2) In the top right corner, click "New"
3) You'll see DT Register in the list of components. Click on it.
4) Give the new menu item a Title, then make any other parameter changes according to your needs... IF any other changes even need to be made.
5) Click "Save" in the right corner and you're all set!
Hope this helps!
The topic has been locked.
Creating a DT Register menu item in Joomla 1.5
8 years 6 months ago #10754
I wanted to update this post as there are more menu options than there used to be. As of 2.7.0, there are 6 different DT Register menu items after choosing to create a menu item. Click NEW to create a new menu item. You will see "DT Register" in the list of menu type options. Click it to expand and see each option. Those options are:
1) List Of Events - this is the main option and gives the default event listing view. What data shows and all of the options related to this listing is found in the Event Listing tab of the backend DT Reg configuration.
2) Events by Category - This allows you to create an event listing view that shows only events from selected categories.
3) User Panel - This is a frontend place for users to view their registration history in detail, showing event title, registration date, amount, amount due, payment status, record status, and links to make changes, cancel, or make additional payments. All of these options are configurable.
4) Calendar View - new in 2.7, this is the DT Register calendar. Configuration options are found on the Calendar tab in the backend Configuration.
5) Event Management - new in 2.7, this gives a menu link for users to access frontend event management... create / edit events. In the backend, you set who has permission to access these features.
6) Events Control Panel - new in 2.7, this gives a link for users to access the full frontend control panel where users can then access management of events, locations, pay options, categories, fields, etc. Who can access all of these features is set in the backend permissions structure.