Due to the number of people that have had this same question, here is a sticky post about it If you have created events in the JEvents component, but go into DT Register and do NOT find the new events there, read this.
First, be aware that on the Event Management page of DT Register, it will list events already setup in DT Register. The dropdown that shows there is a FILTER and does NOT show events from JEvents. To setup a new event for registration, click the NEW button in the top right corner. On THAT screen is the dropdown that pulls the events from JEvents. Now, if you are in the right place and still not seeing events, it would be because of one of the following reasons:
1) The event is already past. Make sure the event date is after today. DT Register will not pull in events that are already too late to register for
2) The event is a recurring event. DT Register will only recognize one-time events. It can be a multi-day event, but can not be a repeating item like every Tuesday, once per month, etc.
3) The event has already been setup in DT Register.
4) If using JEvents 1.5alpha2, you must use the legacy events and NOT the iCal events. DT Register will not see iCal events until the 1.5 native release.
1. I installed JEVENTs, and then DTREgister.
2. Set up events in JEVENTs, and then in DT register with no problem
3. Discovered a bug in DT register, and upgraded to the latest version
4. Continued to register online using DT register
5. Now I need to add a new event, but nothing is showing up in the drop down list. I have already created the event in JEVENTs
Please see the attached doc with the screen shots of my configuration.
akwele - your events are not showing in the dropdown because the starting date is already past. In most cases, you wouldn\'t be setting up registration for an event that is already in progress. We are modifying this for the next release so you can still setup an event in DT Register as long as the END date is not past.
Pilly170 - Other things to check besides what you mentioned...
1) It can NOT be a repeating event in JEvents.
2) Make sure you are actually looking in the right place in DT Register. WHen you go to the Events Manager, there is a dropdown on that first page that is only a filter (as it says on the page). It will only show events that have already been configured in DT Register. To see your new events, click the NEW button in the corner. That page will have a dropdown listing any eligible events to setup for registration.