We are announcing the release of DT Register 2.5.4, which addresses some bugs and also adds some new features! Keeping with the regular practice of DTH Development, we are issuing this DT Register update just about two weeks since the last one. We are also working on some fabulous new features for the next release. However, you don't have to wait for the next release to get excited... there is some exciting new items included NOW in 2.5.4. So what are some of the things you will find??
- Added the ability to set a limit on discount codes. A code can be set to be used X number of times (per event) or remain unlimited as it has been previously.
- Added the ability to set a capacity on custom field options!! This is a huge item that many of you have been asking for. Now for checkboxes, radio buttons and dropdowns, you can set a capacity (per event) for how many times a user can select certain options. Once the capacity is reached, that option is no longer shown in the registration form, so only available options can be selected. This will work great for situations like offering different workshops for part of an overall conference. Now you can limit how many sign up for each workshop. For those of you trying to register user for "sub-events" inside of a "parent event", this will be a big help to you.
- Added ability to include Joomla Userid for records in the CSV Export utility
- Added new options for including data in the Attendees list. You can now include: Organization, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Country and any of your custom fields!
- Added onscreen messages to notify the user if the discount code they used is invalid or expired.
- Fixed the search box on the frontend list of events
- Modified PayPal transactions - some people have had issues due to their server blocking PayPal IPN from contacting the server. This keeps records from being created. Now, even if IPN does not work, as long as the user returns to your site by clicking the link after the payment is completed, the record will still be created.
- Fixed issue with group registrations on number of members calculation compared to event capacity.
- Fixed issue where clicking the BACK button from a failed credit card transaction and switching to a different payment method will now work.
- Fixed checkbox custom field where sometimes the values were not displayed in records.
- Also a couple small fixes were made in the Joomla 1.0 version and packaged as 2.4.5.
For those that are upgrading, be aware that there are language file and database changes from all previous versions, so you WILL need to utilize the latest language files and database changes. Save your language file if you have made changes so you can re-apply your changes.
HOW TO UPGRADE
To upgrade your current DT Register installation, login to your account, go to My Orders and click the Download link. UNZIP the downloaded file and follow the instructions in the included ReadMe file. When you uninstall the current version and reinstall the new one, you will NOT lose any of your events, settings or records. Don't forget to check out the video for this too. :)
Thanks for growing with us and helping us make this the best event registration solution for Joomla!BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS