Well, we don't play around at DTH Development. Shortly after the 2.5 release of DT Register, we had a 2.5.1 out addressing issues with the newly overhauled component. Now just two weeks later, we have another significant release with 2.5.2! There are a few bugs that have been dealt with, but there are many new features that have been added that we are excited to reveal to you! The following mentioned changes were done only to the 1.5 version as we are no longer adding anything new to the 1.0 version as stated in our last announcement. Here is what we've been working on for you...
- Fixed issues where certain data was not being saved when creating new events
- Fixed some buttons that were missing the class name so there were not being styled correctly
- EventLink Plugin allows the article title to display now
- Frontend display of current registrants and attendees! Some of you have been waiting a long time for this, but it's finally here.. and done nicely if I say so myself :) It is customizable in many ways. It can be turned on/off per event and can be configured to show: name, username, registered date, city, state, avatar, avatar auto-thumbnail size, and link to CB profile. The list can also be set as Public or Private. Each column of the registrant list is sortable by the user and there is also a search function. The list is accessible via a link under the event name in the list of events. This can be text or a button and is next to the Details button that was added in 2.5.0. There is a new tab on the configuration page with all of the settings for this feature.
- Button color packages - there are 8 sets of colored buttons and icons. You can choose the color that best matches your site template, then all buttons and icons used on the frontend of DT Register will use that color theme.
- Added Registration button - next to the Details and Attendees button you can also now turn on/off a Register button. This functions just like clicking the event name always has, but may be more intuitive to the user. The button will show "Register", "Closed" or "Full".
- Email File Attachments - you can now upload files per event which will be sent as attachments with the user's confirmation "thank you" email. Use this to send documents, images, etc.
- Event Date column now also has a width parameter to help further with controlling the layout of your list of events.
- Added new date format options
- Added a parameter for specifying how many events to show per page prior to the pagination being used
- Multiple email addresses can now be used for admin notification of new registrations
For those that are upgrading, be aware that you can not re-use your previous main.css or language files. You'll need to copy your changes and paste them into the newer files. There are changes to both the frontend and admin language files.
HOW TO UPGRADETo upgrade your current DT Register installation, login to your account, go to My Orders and click the Download link. UNZIP the downloaded file and follow the instructions in the included ReadMe file. When you uninstall the current version and reinstall the new one, you will NOT lose any of your events, settings or records. Don't forget to check out the video for this too. :)