Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to charge for a payment method?

How to charge for a payment method? 10 years 11 months ago #20622

• bdonner
  • bdonner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, has anyone found out a way to charge for a specific payment method? I would very much like to charge for offline payment (bank transfer), but not for paying online, as offline payments means much more work for us. But I cannot find a way to do this?

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to charge for a payment method? 10 years 11 months ago #20626

• chrisw01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm not 100% certain if this will work, but I would imagine that if you set up a Fee field that was, itself, a conditional field, you could do something like this.

I would create a field called convenience fee, set it for a specific amount or percentage, and then set it to be conditional on a payment method field so that it is included based on the payment method selected.

This is just a thought off the top of my head and I haven't tried this yet, but it might at least point you in the right direction...

How to charge for a payment method? 10 years 11 months ago #20632

• bdonner
  • bdonner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks, I have tried this but there is no way to stop people from still chosing another payment method, or to chose a free method in the conditional field but then chose a charged one (without charge) on the payment page. Please DTH add the possibility for a payment method-specific fee when you have the time for it and are trough with fixing existing bugs!

Thanks Ben

How to charge for a payment method? 7 years 3 months ago #26564

• Skipperkim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Has some solved this problem ? I would also have the bank transfer option for my clients.

Thanks
Kim

How to charge for a payment method? 7 years 3 months ago #26565

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
SkipperKim - there is no implementation of this. A fee field to apply a "convenience fee" is what most people do, but you can't tie that to a specific payment method.

The "Pay Later" option DOES have a conditional field option so you can enable the Pay Later option ONLY if a certain field condition is met. So, for example, you setup a REQUIRED conditional field (radio button) like:

Are you paying online or at the door?

Then if "Online", you add the convenience fee. If "at the door", no fee.

Then set the Pay Later option to become available only if "At the door" is selected in that field. Make sense?

Note that most payment gateways, like PayPal for example, oppose convenience fees being added and have details against it in their terms.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds